Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Grips are the most "Grippy"?

DenverDave

So there are several threads posted on various grips.
My question is off all these grips, which one is the most grippy?

For me, I have small hands so I need something thin, prefer something to cut down a bit on weight (for my S2 CO).

So far what I like best is the grips on the new P-Match.  It's like sharp little diamonds that bite into your hand (but do not hurt)
For my Glock's, I always add Talon sandpaper grips. 

I am aware that I can sand down my factory grips and add skateboard tape...but I do not care for the look.

Based on this, what would you suggest is the best grip that meets this criteria? 

Edited by DenverDave

31 minutes ago, SoCalShooter69 said:

Take your favorite profile and cover it with SiC. Your next thread will be about healing the skin on your baby hands.

Naw...I am a pretty tuff old fart. :)  Just need it to be grippy to over come arthritis. 

Edited by DenverDave

Smaller hands. Wants a grip tha doesn’t have skateboard tape (or presumably, silicon carbide glued to it for a similar look.)...?

Grippy. Thin. High quality.

That’s easy. Put Henning grips on it. I wear a size L glove and all my polymer guns were slathered in grip tape. I found no lack of traction with Hennings- they were just too thin for me and my long, skinny fingers.

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Smaller hands. Wants a grip tha doesn’t have skateboard tape (or presumably, silicon carbide glued to it for a similar look.)...?

That’s easy. Put Henning grips on it. I wear a size L glove and all my polymer guns were slathered in grip tape. I found no lack of traction with Hennings- they were just too thin for me and my long, skinny fingers.

OK....but one question...what is SiC?

9 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

So what grips do you recommend/use now? I have XL mitts and skeletor fingers, and I’m looking for even larger grips that are still light.

Edited by Alderleet

3 minutes ago, Alderleet said:

So what grips do you recommend/use now? I have XL mitts and skeletor fingers, and I’m looking for even larger grips that are still light.

I sanded down the Patriot Defense grips a little and then silicon carbide them. That definitely gave the gun a bigger grip.

1 hour ago, Alderleet said:

The ones molded into my Walther PPQ.

I really liked the SSI scales for my hands though: my palms aren’t ginormously wide and meaty, I just have long fingers. The Patriot Palmswells weren’t for me at all.

The scales hit the sweet spot for me: right between the Hennings and the fatter wood or PD grips.

The LOK grips have the most aggressive texture of any of the grips I have (EGD, Henning, PD Palm swell).  After switching I had pretty sore fingers after the first week of dry fire with them, had to build up new callouses.  They're thin though (which I needed) so you'd want to wait for the forthcoming thicker version if you had large hands.  They're also not super-durable since they're made from G10 rather than aluminum, so I don't think they'll last "forever" like the aluminum grips would.  But they're also a lot cheaper, so easier to try.

I have many Extreme Shooters stippled grips, skate taped grips, and a professional Silica Carbide grip job. 

My favorite by far is the 36 grit SC gip!!!  It becomes part of your hand and is immovable. Easily cleanable if it becomes dirty with a little soap, water and a scrub brush. 

Its a permanent solution so make sure you like that style grip before you commit.

1 hour ago, SCTaylor said:

anyone got the width of the "thin" lok grips on the gun? I'm running Henning's right now and would like to know how they compare in overall width.

They are slightly narrower than the Hennings, that's the exact switch I made.  They're not as thin as the Xtreme grips but close.