Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EVO grip questions

zzt

I'm considering using an EVO grip on the 2011 I'm about to build.  Since PT never answers their phone, I'll ask the questions here.

Do they make more than one grip?  i.e., one for PT, one for STI, etc.

What is the trigger slot cut for, STI or SVI?

I've been warned off Dawson mag releases for 9mm MBX mags.  For real?  I use the Dawson in my 40sw 2011 with MBX mags and it works fine.

Anything else I should know?  It's going on a JEM Guns Tri-Lo frame.

Oh, and who has them in stock?

Edited by zzt

Same grip for 2011 style frames. Slot is cut for both triggers(however I had hammer follow occasionally with the sti trigger during dryfire and have since switched to sv). I have dawson mag releases on both my pt's and use mbx mags. No issues. 

Just order direct from PT. They can even undercut it if you like. 

Edited by echotango

Hammer follow isn't the grips fault but rather other ignition parts not being set up correctly. Or shifting overtime.

I have dawson mag releases in 3 guns with 9mm MBX mags and they run amazingly.

Order them from PT or wait for SSI or SC to have them.

They make 2 Grips. The new EVO grip which is made in 1 texture type and 1 metal type. Then they have the boxier classic grip that has a more aggressive texture version than the evo, and not so aggressive (Skip it IMO) and a flat for grip tape. They also make varying versions in different metals at different price points. As their website notes. http://www.ptrinity.com/firearms/#tab-box|0

3 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

Hammer follow isn't the grips fault but rather other ignition parts not being set up correctly. Or shifting overtime.

Correct but I never had the issue before with my plastic grips.  I had 2 smiths look at it and everything was spec'd, nothing wrong.  Weird thing was it was only during dryfire.

Dropped in a sv trigger and 20k later no issue. 

Edited by echotango

19 hours ago, johnsonian85 said:

I've heard that the SV triggers fit better than STI in the EVO grip.

Has anyone fit an X-Line trigger in a PT EVO grip? 

Yes, I have two X-Line triggers in my guns.  One EVO, one Classic grip.  Both fit the channel with no modifications.  Pre- and over-travel were easily set in the the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
On November 9, 2017 at 1:19 PM, zzt said:

I'm considering using an EVO grip on the 2011 I'm about to build.  Since PT never answers their phone, I'll ask the questions here.

Do they make more than one grip?  i.e., one for PT, one for STI, etc.

What is the trigger slot cut for, STI or SVI?

I've been warned off Dawson mag releases for 9mm MBX mags.  For real?  I use the Dawson in my 40sw 2011 with MBX mags and it works fine.

Anything else I should know?  It's going on a JEM Guns Tri-Lo frame.

Oh, and who has them in stock?

Email Tiffany at PT.  She will return your email and get your order going that same day.  Roughly two weeks to get it.  No issues.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:55 PM, Maximis228 said:

That is not correct - STI plastic grips can contribute to hammer follow with properly fitted ignition parts. Out of spec sear spring slot being the culprit. 

On 11/25/2017 at 2:04 AM, CCG said:

That is not correct - STI plastic grips can contribute to hammer follow with properly fitted ignition parts. Out of spec sear spring slot being the culprit. 

Sounds like parts aren't properly fit for said environment. All grips aren't equal. Same with parts. This is why they are fit together and aren't drop in parts.