Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IRC 2018 and 2019

At this week's IRC in Frostproof, Annette Aysen announced locations for the next two International Revolver Championships. The 2018 IRC will be hosted by Mesquite Mayhem in Mesquite, Nevada and the 2019 IRC will be hosted by the Ontelaunee Rod and Gun Club in New Tripoli, PA. David Olhasso will serve as the 2019 Match Director. Shannon Smith did a great job hosting the last two IRC's at Universal In Frostproof. Hopefully the next two will be just as good. 

There will be practice bays available to shoot in, but not sure about classifiers though unless it's Wednesday. What the plan is right now is to have staff and ROs along with folks that want to shoot a second gun in a different division shoot Thur. and Fri. and then have the main match on Sat and Sun. You would also have the option to just shoot the match on Thur. and Fri. if you wanted.

Edited by mchapman

5 hours ago, mchapman said:

There will be practice bays available to shoot in, but not sure about classifiers though unless it's Wednesday. What the plan is right now is to have staff and ROs along with folks that want to shoot a second gun in a different division shoot Thur. and Fri. and then have the main match on Sat and Sun. You would also have the option to just shoot the match on Thur. and Fri. if you wanted.

So we'll be able to get a practice match in the day before the real match?

3 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

Clarification will be needed, but I think what Mark is saying is that yes, you can shoot 2 guns. One Thursday Friday, and one on the weekend. It will be up to him if they are both for score. 

13 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

No it won't be a practice match, they will both require a separate paid entry, in different divisions, one division a day, and the plan right now is to count both for score in the divisions that you shot in. So , for instance you shoot Classic on Thur. and Fri for one score, and then you shoot limited on Sat. and Sun for score. Just like shooting two separate matches.

And just in case someone is wondering, right now we will NOT let you shoot 2 guns in one day,I really don't care how fast you are, you put more burden on the rest of the squad on taping and resetting the stage while you are switching gear around.

30 minutes ago, mchapman said:

No it won't be a practice match, they will both require a separate paid entry, in different divisions, one division a day, and the plan right now is to count both for score in the divisions that you shot in. So , for instance you shoot Classic on Thur. and Fri for one score, and then you shoot limited on Sat. and Sun for score. Just like shooting two separate matches.

And because somebody will ask, one prize table walk, or two?

1 hour ago, mchapman said:

It will be for me cause I'll shoot an open gun the first day just to get the lay out of the stages for shooting the limited gun that I actually care about and keep a classification with.

And yes cause I'm a XXXXXXXX i'll shoot open with my limited gun with out an optic on it.

NOW   fwiw

My original post was written in the hopes of the match directors making a decision to NOT ALLOW people to shoot the match twice for score as it will ALWAYS lead to people shooting it for practice the first time and for a score they (I) want the next time.

I know there are a bunch of good honest people who want to shoot two different guns and will do it honestly

BUT

there are a whole herd of people who won't

I respectfully suggest you only allow the first division shot to be the one for score and the other for enjoyment if they so choose. FWIW

I will be there, I will only sign up once to shoot one gun.  I'll deal with the gamers and live with the results if my suggestion is not taken. Cause Monday morning I'll still have to go to work to pay my bills.

1 hour ago, MWP said:

Shooting the match back to back isn't an advantage. You can only do what you've come prepared to do.

In fact, most actually perform better then first time. 

This has my experience as well, too often I've seen the second time worse than the first.

13 hours ago, jcc7x7 said:

My original post was written in the hopes of the match directors making a decision to NOT ALLOW people to shoot the match twice for score as it will ALWAYS lead to people shooting it for practice the first time and for a score they (I) want the next time.

I agree with this statement 100%.

15 hours ago, mchapman said:

And just in case someone is wondering, right now we will NOT let you shoot 2 guns in one day,I really don't care how fast you are, you put more burden on the rest of the squad on taping and resetting the stage while you are switching gear around.

If people are shooting 2 guns this is the best policy.  I hate having someone on my squad who is constantly messing with their gear, getting ready, and generally using the rest of us as their personal reset squad.

Say what you will but shooting the same match twice doubles your odds of having a good match. It is still up to you to perform both times.

The fatigue factor has to figure in after shooting  back to back matches.

A lot of our local matches(USPSA) have started shooting 2 day formats. Different division second day. Most of the shooters do better the second day after shooting the same stages the day before, especially more difficult stages. 

Several friends shot SS nationals before Revo Nationals(I never did) and when I asked them about shooting a different platform before Revo and it maybe affecting their performance with the Revolver. They said it was worth it to get a feel for the stages and time the swingers and other moving targets. 

Just an opinion but what happened to the old way it was ran. Thursday classifiers for those who do not have a chance to classify during the year. Friday and Saturday main match 1/2 day format on each day. Morning one day and afternoon the next or visa versa. If you choose to run 2 guns then you will shoot all day Friday and all day Saturday. Sunday morning was reserved  for man on man shoot off and awards and prize table at noon. 

On Friday night we always had a membership meeting run by the board members who are there. 

Just a thought and still leaves room for someone to shoot 2 guns and not burden a squad.

Dean Gomez

LKS16

1 hour ago, ZachLee said:

How many stages are you planning for the 2018 IRC? I guess the assumption is that you would be running 12 but it looked like you had more than 12 bays.

Looking at 14 stages.

54 minutes ago, swordfish said:

random or by placement?

Trophies by placement, prize table by random.

12 hours ago, MWP said:

Random prize table? So no reward for putting in hard work? 

I agree.  Order of finish should determine when you go to the prize table.  I'm not likely to go near the top but I still prefer to see those who put in the time to practice get what they deserve.  IDPA does the random prize table thing and it reminds me of my when my daughters played YMCA basketball and soccer.  If the score got too one sided they would cover up the scoreboard.  Total snowflake BS.

2 hours ago, jhgtyre said:

I agree.  Order of finish should determine when you go to the prize table.  I'm not likely to go near the top but I still prefer to see those who put in the time to practice get what they deserve.  IDPA does the random prize table thing and it reminds me of my when my daughters played YMCA basketball and soccer.  If the score got too one sided they would cover up the scoreboard.  Total snowflake BS.

Well it’s a good thing you’re not in charge of it then