Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

LOW LEFT

Ghorsley

If you have taken several training classes from world class trainers and still have a Low/Left issues then no amount of internet forum jaw jacking is going to fix your problem. Its time to look in the mirror and do some soul searching on why all of that training content is going in one ear and out the other.

1 hour ago, CHA-LEE said:

why all that training  is going in one ear and out the other.

Come on, Cha-Lee, don't hold back.   Tell him what your REALLY think  !!!    :P

I've taken few courses with GM's and, looking back on it, No One has

actually gotten too involved with GRIP.  Could be part of the problem.    :) 

Gripping the gun properly and firmly can mask a crappy trigger pull, but that is only a band aid. The root of the problem is not having the skill to pull the trigger in a manner that does NOT displace the sight alignment. Yip Yapping on the internet isn't going to fix that problem. Putting the gun in your hand and dry firing the crap out of it until the sights don't move when you pull the trigger IS the solution. Then replicate that same process in live fire. If you can't figure it out on your own, then work with a competent trainer to help you fix the issue in person. Taking a class by itself isn't going to magically fix a shooters issues. Students still need to take what they learned from the class and put in the effort to deploy what was learned.

1 hour ago, CHA-LEE said:

Students still need to take what they learned from the class and put in the effort to deploy what was learned.

#1 reason so many trainers are out there with full classes.  I'd wager a bet that 95% of students don't practice what they are taught...

To tell a story, that was me in the 95%. But after my class earlier this month, I'm taking the lessons to heart, now putting in the work.

So, a few days ago this thread popped up and it was very timely. I'd just come back from a range trip where my shot pattern looked like a shotgun held by a person in a seizure. Very frustrating.

I did a bunch of dry fire and thinking over the past few days and went back to see if there was any improvement. I am happy to say there was. Here's 24 shots at 10 yards shot with a heightened concentration on the fundamentals and focus on the front sight. God only knows what my targets will look like next trip!! But for now I'm happy with the results today.

IMG_3762.JPG

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:50 AM, lgh said:

Grip is one thing that cause shots going left. I know it happens with me when I get tired - sight alignment is off to left and I know to clamp down harder with weak hand. You adjust on the fly. Trigger finger placement is another cause for shots left. The first You Tube is Pat Mac and the second a nice overview. 

I just bought myself a year's streaming subscription to the Pantaeo....guess I know which one I'm watching next. I'm left handed and seem to always go low right. I figured I was pushing with my index finger or tightening the bottom of my grip.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I try to slow down, refocus go from there. As I've gotten better at front sight focus I've gotten to the point where I don't need to look at the target to call a wild shot. I can tell by what the front sight did where my miss went. That's a pretty cool feeling.

Another thing I do is to do a couple of dry fires before loading a magazine in. Then I do 1 or 2 more in between each magazine.

A few years ago in the Tips from the GMs there was an article about trigger control with BE being the main source of info.  CHALEE is correct.  There are many ways to pull the trigger but no matter what, you can't move the sight picture and expect to hit anything.

Good technique facilitates accuracy but there are no absolute one and only way.  The bullet is probably going to go where the sights point.

Take a look at TGO on Action Targets on YouTube: Steel Plate and 3 second par time.  I believe towards the end he says he jerks the trigger.