Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ck pcc

Stopped by my FFL right before they closed. Have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up as did the paperwork, but he had to get going. Got to get my hands on it and will check it out more Tuesday, but when pulling charging handle back and pressing bolt catch the bolt is not staying back. I know it it won't stay open after last round fired but thought bolt catch is still to hold bolt back when you pull handle back and press the lever. I'll play more with it Tuesday. Other than that, it looks really nice. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, OneIfByShotgun said:

Stopped by my FFL right before they closed. Have to wait till Tuesday to pick it up as did the paperwork, but he had to get going. Got to get my hands on it and will check it out more Tuesday, but when pulling charging handle back and pressing bolt catch the bolt is not staying back. I know it it won't stay open after last round fired but thought bolt catch is still to hold bolt back when you pull handle back and press the lever. I'll play more with it Tuesday. Other than that, it looks really nice. 

It is tough. You have to really pull it back all the way to get it to catch.

Just picked up mine last weekend. 500 rounds later and I have no complaints. Still need to work up a specific load for it and play with the recoil system a little bit, but this thing is going to force me to buy an ammobot, I'm sure of it!! 

CK.jpg

Edited by SERVED_USMC
15 hours ago, SERVED_USMC said:

Just picked up mine last weekend. 500 rounds later and I have no complaints. Still need to work up a specific load for it and play with the recoil system a little bit, but this thing is going to force me to buy an ammobot, I'm sure of it!! 

CK.jpg

What bolt do you have in that?

On 12/22/2017 at 3:34 PM, jualdeaux said:

I take it you got the Taccom ULW?

Yes sir!  C-more should come today, not sure if I'll get it mounted up or not.  Company was supposed to shut down this week, so I should have had time, but they floundered at the last minute and decided that we were going to be working after all.:angry:  Not very professional of them to tell us that we'd be shut down between Christmas and New Years for 6+ months now and then change their mind the Friday before...

Edited by fbzero
On 12/25/2017 at 5:15 PM, jualdeaux said:

Sometimes you just have to get a Christmas present for yourself.

25734483_10203946369176847_3103209603801341078_o.jpg

Is that some kind of C-more riser?  If so, could you let me know what make/model?  I did end up getting mine mounted up, but when I present naturally, I'm a bit high and end up looking at the dot in the upper 25% of the window.  I don't really like bending my neck way down tight to the stock with a red dot, though if I do that, it lines up fine.  Thanks!

20 hours ago, jualdeaux said:

I got the ADM mount someone here recommended. Brownells have it. It does too things. It raises it up a bit and you can take it off easier and is supposed to keep your zero when you put it back on. I've yet to test that last part though. 

Awesome, thanks for the info!

First of all, I have only had two ARs in the past and they were of the run of the mill variety that I shot rarely and ended up selling. This is my first PCC and I just got it yesterday afternoon. I have a c-more railway for it but I haven't mounted it yet as I am waiting for the ADM mount to get here Monday. Basically, this is just my very first impressions on the look and feel. I got the red/black 16" barrel w/comp version. Going all black would make it an "evil black rifle" but why be boring? The red isn't really a bright red. It is more of a burnt red. I like it. Besides, I have a red trigger on my STI game gun and my gear was red/black already so having the rifle red/black just made sense. 

I believe my first remembered coherent though was something like, "Hmm. This is going to be interesting." It looks cool. it feels good to hold. It seems fairly well balanced in my inexperienced hands. The only minor "issue" for me is there is some slight play between the upper and lower. I don't think it will affect anything and could be a typical thing for AR patterned rifles. For a "mil-spec" trigger it doesn't seem bad at all. I am still planning on replacing it for a better one soon, though. Why spend this much on a good gun and not do a trigger job on it? On the paperwork that comes with it, it says that, while it doesn't have a LRBO, it does have a bolt catch. You have to pull the bolt all the way back and then push the catch in and it will hold the bolt back.  As for the weight, I don't have a scale to put it on. Sorry.

I did do some research after I got it. It comes with a Guntec Ultralight Skeletonized aluminum grip and a Guntec 15" Air light M-Lok handguard. It also looks like the upper is a Guntec upper. If not they look very similar.

If you remove your grip, you’ll see a second threaded hole with a tension adjustment screw in it. It takes an 1/8” Allen wrench. Snug it up until your takedown pin is still able to come out. Be sure to cycle the bolt a few time to check for strikes in the buffer tube. It it’s hitting, loosen the tension a little. Then, reinstall your grip and burn some powder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made a couple of changes to the carbine since it arrived.  Will be taking it to the range on Saturday to see if the front grip has to be moved.  Wanted it to match the backup rifle shown in the other post dated December 23rd on Page 3 of this thread.  The Generation 2 magwell from bmiller fit perfectly.  Did a little Dremel work on the inside to smooth it out a bit before anodizing.  Odin Works Zulu stock. Crimson Trace green laser (CMR-206) and a 10" handguard.  The original 16" will be for sale shortly.

Carbine2.jpg

Edited by BillChunn
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I got to run mine for the first time last night at a small local match with about 20 people.  Hadn't really gotten to familiarize myself with it yet, aside from about 15 rounds to get it sighted in.  I did make a few changes - Taccom 3rd buffer, MIAD grip, Hiperfire 24C, and put a C-More 8MOA Railway on it.  At some point, I'll change that huge charging handle too.  I had been considering building my own, but then CK put this out at the intro price with most of the main components I was already looking at, so it seemed like an easy choice.  I wouldn't have saved much(if anything) by doing it myself.

All I can say is that it ran great.  Not a single failure of any type, seems plenty accurate, and a pleasure to shoot.  Hopefully a sign of things to come!  Ended up with a very close 2nd place because I forgot to charge it at the start of a quick stage (whoops!).  About half of the shooters were shooting PCC as well, which is actually atypical of this match.

Edited by fbzero
  • 6 months later...
13 minutes ago, Scott Steele said:

Are these still being made?
How are they doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still listed in their store so it seems to still be available. Change out the milspec Trigger and good to go. Mine works fine but I’m only going to play with it a time or two a year locally. 

If you are going to get serious and go full PCC then you will start changing so many parts that you may as well build one from scratch. 

Still listed in their store so it seems to still be available. Change out the milspec Trigger and good to go. Mine works fine but I’m only going to play with it a time or two a year locally. 
  If you are going to get serious and go full PCC then you will start changing so many parts that you may as well build one from scratch. 

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk