Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 minor with 180 BBI and Clays

rocket99

• 2 weeks later...

I played with clays and it just never grouped well for me. 
I would take my normal major power factor loads using tight group or WST, under a 180.
Then for minor I would do nothing more than change to a 155 of the same designed bullet.
end up with a 145 ish pf load that still runs without changing the gun, plus ZERO adjustments to powder measure, crimp, dies OAL, on and on..
Just switch bullets. Recoil wasnt an issue, but I was running pretty heavily maxed out on weight Steel 1911/ Para's or STI.
I dont like the feel of super slow 180's,, rather drop weight, Always prefered 155's for 40 minor.

I played with clays and it just never grouped well for me. 
I would take my normal major power factor loads using tight group or WST, under a 180.
Then for minor I would do nothing more than change to a 155 of the same designed bullet.
end up with a 145 ish pf load that still runs without changing the gun, plus ZERO adjustments to powder measure, crimp, dies OAL, on and on..
Just switch bullets. Recoil wasnt an issue, but I was running pretty heavily maxed out on weight Steel 1911/ Para's or STI.
I dont like the feel of super slow 180's,, rather drop weight, Always prefered 155's for 40 minor.

That's a great idea, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk