Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA SS setup

Magictalent

Which flat trigger are you planning to install?

are you doing anything special with the sear spring?  I’ve seen things like titanium sear springs and springs for trigger pulls < 4.5lbs - but have no idea of the reputation of those parts. 

I don't know about some of the other parts listed, but every custom builder I have dealt with likes EGW parts. I have them in all of my 2011s and the triggers on my open guns are a little less than 1.5#s and the older one probably has 30K on it without any issues. EGW sears a through hardened so they are supposed to last a long time.

14 hours ago, BangSwitch said:

Which flat trigger are you planning to install?

are you doing anything special with the sear spring?  I’ve seen things like titanium sear springs and springs for trigger pulls < 4.5lbs - but have no idea of the reputation of those parts. 

I am currently looking at WILSON COMBAT - 1911 ULTRALIGHT MATCH TRIGGER.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/trigger-parts/triggers/solid-flat-ultralight-match-trigger-sku965000064-26350-51737.aspx

I am also thinking of getting CYLINDER & SLIDE - 1911 LOW MASS MATCH HAMMER SET, 5 PC.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/trigger-group-parts/hammer-parts/hammer-sear-sets/1911-low-mass-match-hammer-set-5pc-sku206000063-79958-166659.aspx

Gun and paper work is not at my place yet, so will need to wait for those to show up. 

4 hours ago, Magictalent said:

The spring in that kit is one that I was looking at.  I looked the part up on the C/S website.  It's designed for use with trigger pull weights under 4.5#

Other than that, I don't know much about it.   Looking forward to hearing your feedback once all the work is complete.

• 1 month later...

I have the C&S light sear spring in my SA loaded. I used John Harrison's True Radius hammer/sear/disconnector

I had previously gotten my trigger down to around 4.5# doing some polishing of the trigger bow/track, etc.

I now have a very nice crisp trigger that breaks at an average of 3lb 3oz.

While I was at it I swapped out the ambi safety for one of Harrison's extreme service single thumb safties. Feels better to my thumb and I like the single side TS.

https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/CS0094

https://shop.harrisoncustom.com/hd-120-ss-extreme-service-ignition-set

Little update on my SS project.

End up I did not replace any of the internal parts.

Without do any internal part changes, I can tune the trigger pull to 2 lbs.

Gun weight 42.7 oz.

Non-ramp barrel.

Works with HP and RN bullets.

Now I end up with a set of internal on hand and not knowing what to do. Maybe it is time to work on another 1911. :-)

SAM W.jpg

I would save them, you will probably need them after your gun goes full auto on you. Usually not a good idea to do much polishing or shaping on MIM parts. They tend to be surfaced hardened only, go through that and they will round pretty quickly.
Thats why most folks change the hammer and sear to one of these hardened tool steel sets people have listed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have play around with the gun for almost a month now.

More than 2K through it. Works great.

I have try below loads

Best feel at my hand

#14 VP recoil spring

Campro 230 HP, Titigroup 4.2 GR at OAL 1.20. PF 167.5

IPSC load

#14 VP recoil spring

Campro 230 HP, Titigroup 4.5 GR at OAL 1.20. PF 175

Hot load

#16.5 VP recoil spring

Campro 230 HP, Titigroup 4.8 GR at OAL 1.20. PF 182

Any one have detail load data for 230 gr bullet with VV N320?

PF around 175 will be great.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:49 AM, Joe4d said:

I would save them, you will probably need them after your gun goes full auto on you. Usually not a good idea to do much polishing or shaping on MIM parts. They tend to be surfaced hardened only, go through that and they will round pretty quickly.
Thats why most folks change the hammer and sear to one of these hardened tool steel sets people have listed.

Which is exactly why I swapped out the sear/disconnector/hammer on my Springfield loaded for John Harrison's True Radius ignition set. Well worth the money!!

BTW, for USPSA I am shooting some locally available reloads. 230 gr TMJ at 750FPS for a PF of 172. Very easy shooting loads Had zero problems with any steel targets as well (as long as I hit the damn things!!).

Edited by Eureka1911

• 1 month later...