Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA SS setup

Magictalent

4 minutes ago, Magictalent said:

Hammer follow slide sometimes. It is a SAM, so I am thinking of redo the trigger, since I am going to send it to a smith. Super light hammer, about 2 lb trigger pull, flat trigger.

I am big fan of EGW but any of those mentioned above would work equally well. 

I have used Wilson, Ed Brown, Cylinder and Slide and EGW parts.  I now use only EGW, because I have learned that mixing and matching sometimes causes headaches.  If you want to replace the entire fire control group, use EGW or C&S.  I prefer EGW with either their Lightened Hammer, or the Doug Koenig hammer.  There are within 0.1gr of each other.  I also like the EGW Ti strut and Mainspring Cap.

I have never used EGW but I have heard good things. I have 3 1911/2011s with the Cyl and Slide kits and absolutely see no reason to change. They are super crisp and all of them are set between 2 and 2.25 lbs.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:30 PM, Bigzeke said:

I have never used EGW but I have heard good things. I have 3 1911/2011s with the Cyl and Slide kits and absolutely see no reason to change. They are super crisp and all of them are set between 2 and 2.25 lbs.

I have my eyes on that kits too. May I ask how do you like them. Do they last long? I shoot IPSC, and dry fire lots. (1000 life fire monthly, dry fire every night)

The one I shoot the most has probably 4K rounds on it with no change. I don’t dry fire much, but I don’t see where it would cause a problem. Other guys in my area have well over 10K on them with no issues. 

I have another 2011 and another 1911 that I want to upgrade and they will both get C&S stuff. I love them.

Extreme Engineering does make the Cylinder & Slide parts.   If you use C&S, EE or EGW kits you do not have to worry about dry firing. They will last and last.  My Sif tacops came with a good sear and a MIMed hammer.  I got 40,000 rounds out of the hammer before I had to recut the hooks.  The sear was still perfect.  So you can expect double or triple that with a good machined from billet or bar stock hammer, properly hardened.

BTW, the only kit I've been able to drop in without touching the sear or hammer hooks was the EGW kit.

Edited by zzt

Harrison Design ignition kit.  I'd recommend the True Radius for your Thunderbolt. 

+ EGW or Dawson Precision extras.

That Brazos kit is very nice too.  See what your guy prefers.

On 10/29/2017 at 8:10 AM, zzt said:

Extreme Engineering does make the Cylinder & Slide parts.   If you use C&S, EE or EGW kits you do not have to worry about dry firing. They will last and last.  My Sif tacops came with a good sear and a MIMed hammer.  I got 40,000 rounds out of the hammer before I had to recut the hooks.  The sear was still perfect.  So you can expect double or triple that with a good machined from billet or bar stock hammer, properly hardened.

BTW, the only kit I've been able to drop in without touching the sear or hammer hooks was the EGW kit.

Thanks ZZT. I will try Cylinder & Slide kit.I can't find EGW kit on Brownells

Edited by Magictalent

No one but EGW sells the 'kit'.  When you order a kit from EGW they go to the parts bins and pick out the parts needed and drop them all into a larger bag.  There is no matching.  Same with EE and C&S.  The only guy I know that 'touches up' the parts before sending them is Brazos Custom.  Even then it's a crap shoot if your pin holes aren't where they are supposed to be.

http://www.1911store.com/tunedtriggergroupbcg-proseries.aspx