Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Insurance rider.

HerdThinner

again, be sure to read the fine print and get in WRITING that your gun is covered when you travel
At one time NRA insurance was worthless. It didnot cover your gun if it was stolen during air travel checked baggage.
Also some add on renters policies only cover fire/theft at home.
Read and ask before u file the claim if it will meet your needs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using Eastern Insurance. They have a program for historic, collectible and sporting arms. https://www.easterninsurance.com/insurance-quotes/personal-insurance/historic-firearms . I found the, to be much cheaper than adding a rider on my home owners policy. Also they did not require any scheduling/serial numbers. Also any attachments, e.g. Optics, are also covered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

awwww.......Thanks guys..............we do offer a better program than the NRA endorsed program or ANY home owners policy because the program was written and designed by ME for ME. So if I trust it to take care of my SV's and JP's when I travel for instance, then you know it is done right.  Our program doesn't have the care, custody & control exclusion that ALL standard  insurance companies have in their policies. What that means is that if we cover you heater for $5,000, you get $5,000 regardless if an airline misplaces your bag. With C/C/C, the standard insurance policy will only offer you what the airline says they will cover (delta is $2500 for example...for everything that is in the bag, not per item), so that wouldn't cover the cost of 1 of my pistols. So that is why we wrote our coverage to be different. We cover class III, accessories ect........plus we offer liability insurance for those that have CPL's and carry a gun.

Give me a call at my office. Let's see what we can do for you. We are gun people.....why can't we take better care of each other?

Regards,

Roy

313-535-7100 

Roy seems to offer good coverage and I certainly don't want to take away from that, but also wanted to share that I've had collectibles insurance for several years and only recently had to make claim.  The process was fast, easy, and hassle free.

On 12/29/2017 at 2:26 PM, ROY NEAL said:

awwww.......Thanks guys..............we do offer a better program than the NRA endorsed program or ANY home owners policy because the program was written and designed by ME for ME. So if I trust it to take care of my SV's and JP's when I travel for instance, then you know it is done right.  Our program doesn't have the care, custody & control exclusion that ALL standard  insurance companies have in their policies. What that means is that if we cover you heater for $5,000, you get $5,000 regardless if an airline misplaces your bag. With C/C/C, the standard insurance policy will only offer you what the airline says they will cover (delta is $2500 for example...for everything that is in the bag, not per item), so that wouldn't cover the cost of 1 of my pistols. So that is why we wrote our coverage to be different. We cover class III, accessories ect........plus we offer liability insurance for those that have CPL's and carry a gun.

Give me a call at my office. Let's see what we can do for you. We are gun people.....why can't we take better care of each other?

Regards,

Roy

313-535-7100 

Someone asked who underwrites the coverage for the program he designed...

Sent Riley a PM today asking him to contact me at my office if he has questions. Happy to answer.  As to the above, the program is underwritten by Conifer Insurance Company of Birmingham, Michigan. 

If you are not familiar with them (and most folks will not be), they got their start many years ago doing liquor liability when no one else would. They do just about every bowling alley you see out there and used to be "the official' PBA insurance company. In other words, they are not afraid to take risks in area's that others go running and screaming away from. 

The head of their claims dept. is an attorney that was shooting with me on a weekly basis and we would talk about this while we were together....he thought we really had something and brought me in to talk to the insurance company owners. After careful consideration, they agreed that we had a great idea and we got started with this program back in 2013.  If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact me directly. I am not on here all the time.