Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMMG Mk 9 Mag Loading Problem

I have a CMMG Mk 9 (stock less furniture) that I experience issues with when trying to load a magazine when the bolt is forward. I'm using ASC mags and do not load to full capacity. The mag will simply not seat and lock in fully. It doesn't happen every time, but frequent enough for me to have learned to clear the round in the chamber and lock back the bolt before inserting the mag. Needless to say, this has bit me numerous times in a match so I'm looking for some assistance please and thanks!

I am not saying that this is the problem, but I often see people very gently push the magazine into their pistols or rifles. 

Too often that is followed by a dropped magazine the second they fire the next shot.  These things are not terribly fragile

and a good tap on the bottom insures that the magazine is seated properly and will stay there until you release it.  

I appreciate all of the feedback and have "massaged" a couple of mags per TRUBL's recommendation and the force required to reload a mag with a closed bolt has been greatly reduced. I was literally having to seat them with my knee or tap them hard on a table, which isn't always available on the run. Much appreciate, thanks!