Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2018 USPSA Nationals

JakeMartens

The United States Practical Shooting Association and the Universal Shooting Academy are pleased to announce the 
2018 USPSA Nine Days of Nationals presented by Federal Premium Ammunition.  

The match will feature three independent National Championships, October 20-28, 2018 in Polk County, the heart of Florida.

Open, Pistol Caliber Carbine, and Carry Optics Divisions October 20-22

Production and Single Stack Divisions October 23-25

Limited, Limited 10, and Revolver DivisionsOctober 26-28

Each match will offer a unique mix of stages.  A special aggregate award will be offered for those who compete in all three events.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The USPSA website has the schedule. Looks like it’s a back-to-back-back match with the like divisions grouped. 

Looks like for me this will be the third one in a row that I will miss due to me not wanting to fly halfway around the world ? for a match. Unless I get sponsored....lol

2018 USPSA Nine Days of Nationals

The United States Practical Shooting Association and the Universal Shooting Academy are pleased to announce the 
2018 USPSA Nine Days of Nationals presented by Federal PremiumAmmunition.

The match will feature three independent National Championships, October 20-28, 2018 in Polk County, the heart of Florida.

Open, Pistol Caliber Carbine, and Carry Optics Divisions October 20-22

Production and Single Stack Divisions October 23-25

Limited, Limited 10, and Revolver Divisions October 26-28

Each match will offer a unique mix of stages. A special aggregate award will be offered for those who compete in all three events.

Edited by HI5-O

1 hour ago, Balakay said:

Maybe we could camp out on in your back yard given the lack of anything in Frostproof!

seems like there are quite a few airbnb spots in the area within a few miles of the range.  Probably won't help the SS/revolver shooters that still use rotary phones tho.

Edited by motosapiens

seems like there are quite a few airbnb spots in the area within a few miles of the range.  Probably won't help the SS/revolver shooters that still use rotary phones tho.
LMFAO! I shoot Revo, and I can't even take offense to that, I like your humor!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Mikeski said:

This is great as it's close to home (within 2 hours). So I wonder if this will be 3 days of shooting, or if it will be two with a breakdown/rebuild day in between each match.

3 days, back to back to back

the match is 18 stops so at a minimum in the 3 day AM/PM format

Each match will have:

6 stages that stay the same (new classifier stages)

6 stages that will be similiar but reworked 

6 completely different stages

Since all 8 Divisions are going to be on the ground at one place we can get new classifiers since by then it will be years 5 since we had new

USA range has the bays and the equipment to allow us to build 26 stages

so each match will be different in that after the first 3 day event we will have the ability to shoot 6 new stages and 6 that have been adjusted for the second event.

while the second event is going on, the 6 stages from the first match will be reworked considerably over that 3 days, and then the other 6 will again be adjusted for the 3rd event.

Doing the 18 stops with 2 flights allows for 432 slots per event for a total of 1296 available slots for the entire 9 days.

People ask why wouldn't we just put all 8 division on the ground at the sametime.

24 stages at 12 per squad over 4 days in the AM/PM format is 576 slots. Production and Limited just had 550 at that match.  This break down allows for the most slots. It also separates out the Optics putting them first allows for a different match for dots vs irons.

Also putting the Optics and Irons separate allows for the 2 most popular divisions to be back to back since they have the largest number of cross over shooters.

Putting Single Stack before Limited has those crossover shooter reloading into their skinny gun first before moving to Limited if they shoot both.

Keeping Limited and Limited 10 together doesn't allow for someone to run L10 and then Limited with the same gun to "practice" the match.

And also

Polk County has 6000 hotel rooms, and 6000 rentals

The Polk County Board of Tourism is working the us and USA range to host offset awards

We picked a calendar period that provided the best rates on hotels before the "snow bird" tourism season started and away from hurricane season

Most school systems that follow the year round calendar have a fall break during this time period for families wanting to shoot and visit a place near by that has a few million visitors a year.

Edited by JakeMartens