Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 height adjustment

bigboy69

It seems like I ran out of height adjustment on my RTS 2?

I thought I seen posts here about this issue, but couldn't find anything.

I like to sight my gun 2" high at 15yds. After I remounted the sight I can only get it right on at 15yds and ran out of adjustment.

Edited by bigboy69

• 3 months later...

...manufacturer of mount is critical as some do not make them with the required 1 degree of difference between front and back of the mounting platform and you will run out of hieight adjustment...my suggestion is to take the optic off and put a very thin shim which is slightly thicker at the front than the rear between the mount and optic

Edited by race1911

On 1/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, race1911 said:

...manufacturer of mount is critical as some do not make them with the required 1 degree of difference between front and back of the mounting platform and you will run out of hieight adjustment...my suggestion is to take the optic off and put a very thin shim which is slightly thicker at the front than the rear between the mount and optic

Are you talking like the thickness of a piece of paper, like a post it note?

4 hours ago, bigboy69 said:

Are you talking like the thickness of a piece of paper, like a post it note?

...the thinner the better as long as it has the 1-1.5 degree difference for elevation from back to front (hgher in front) AND it is made of a suitable material so it won't degrade

18 hours ago, race1911 said:

...the thinner the better as long as it has the 1-1.5 degree difference for elevation from back to front (hgher in front) AND it is made of a suitable material so it won't degrade

So it shouldn't be flat to raise the whole scope. Where do I find shims like that? And what thickness to even start with????