Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Light is "Light"?

RileyLV

Of course safety and reliability are a must, but a 2 pound trigger is a good place to start. I would argue that most people only notice the difference in triggers ranging from sub 2 to 2.5 or so pounds when they are dry firing.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started shooting, I honestly thought anything about 2# was impossible to shoot. Since then, I've been shooting stock Glocks for a little while and it's made a stock SP-01 trigger seem quite bearable. 

More so than weight, I find the predictability of the trigger break more important than the trigger pull weight, but anything at or around 3# seems to work for me these days.

• 2 weeks later...

A very nicely done short, crisp, & clean 1911 works well at 3-4 lbs. Bought a Les Baer stock (3.5 - 4 lb) & never had any desire to change it. 

Something not quite as nice otherwise, (CZ75, Tanfo, most 1911's, etc) 2-3 . 

For me. 

Personal choice for 1911/2011's is 2 - 2.5# but quality and repeatability is everything.  No mush or vague feel.  Modest pre-travel, super clean break, & short reset.

Shot some excellent 4# triggers that had really nice quality.  Always wanted them lower after measuring, though.  

Felt like they were much lower than actual.... if done well it can be a fooler.

Anything under 1.5 is too low (especially for transfer to weak hand only etc). Anything over about 3 is too high. Triggers inbetween are good with smoothness,  crispness and predictable behavior determining good, better and best.

Mine run just under 2 in sa.

• 1 month later...