Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Home trigger work

JNW

I’ve been looking at ways to improve the trigger on my Gen4 G34 and was absolutely overwhelmed with the options available.  I asked questions on several forums and it seems every serious Glock shooter has their own special “cocktail” of parts, springs and modifications to give them the trigger pull they like.  Rather then buy a $200 (or more) trigger that I may not like I decided to start off simple.  I performed a .25 trigger polish job and bought some Wolff springs - 4.5# striker spring, competition firing pin safety spring and heavy trigger spring.  Last night, with the help of YouTube, I learned how to completely take apart my Glock.  After I was done my pull weight went from just over 6lb to 3lb 10 oz.   It still has the longish factory pretravel and reset, but a much smoother pull.  I shot it today with no problems and it is easier to shoot accurately.  I’m going to shoot this a bunch before I do anything else.  I am spoiled by my 1911 triggers, but I do like shooting this gun.  So, how do I put a compensator on this thing?  Gotta have something to fiddle with.  Thanks everyone for all the help and information I’ve received here.

Jeff

I have a 17 gen 4 my trigger breaks at 3.2 lb.

I did the polish thing went to a 4.5 striker spring and installed a wolf safety plunger spring.

The connector also a upgrade to Glock minus.

And finally a basic DK trigger bar.

I know it's now my bulleye 1911 set up but a world of difference from factory.

I like to add DK basic trigger bar drop right in a needed no other adjustment.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:12 AM, Mark Meyers said:

Can you explain shimming out pretravel?

i do not suggest you mess with the trigger unless you have tinkered with it before, FYI i almost made my glock go almost full auto by overdoing mods to make the "perfect trigger" which is all relative anyways.  

http://blog.uckfup.dk/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/ttu04.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

JNW,

The 4.5# FPS  and a 6# trigger spring will reduce your trigger pull by approximately 16 oz. and the heavier trigger spring may weaken your reset in a Gen. 4 Glock.

Where did the rest of your weight reduction come from?

Haven’t a clue how my trigger got to this pull weight, but it’s very consistent on my Lyman electronic trigger pull gauge.  I used the same technique to measure it before and after.  Besides replacing all 3 springs I just polished everything that touched.  It already had the - connector from the factory.  It resets just fine with multiple types of ammo and it all goes off, including Tula.  I was actually pretty disappointed with the trigger pull from the factory considering this is their “target” gun.  I’m just enjoying shooting it now.

Jeff

Tried all the big names, and spent quite a bit of money trying to get that perfect pull.  If I was to do it all over again I would send the gun to Johnny glock.  This guy is ocd about glock triggers.  What you did was good but be wary about taking away pretravel,  the pro’s get away with it by trimming the trigger safety tab, that way you can get the trigger closer to the frame.  They also reshape the the tab the lifts the safety plunger in order to keep that safety functional.  You have to know what you can get away with because too much removal of pretravel might defeat the drop safety.  You can buy a trigger housing that has a set screw in it that adjusts overtravel.  If you ride the reset all that pretravel is not necessary, it only comes into play on the first shot.  Also a lot of folks don’t like the extra power trigger spring because it lessens the tactile feel of reset, and on some guns will not let the trigger go forward enough for reset.  If you get a lightened firing pin, I suggest IDP, you can use a 4 lb striker spring and that should get you down to about 3 lbs.  I have all stock parts except for the striker and lightened springs and my pull is just over 2 lbs. Check out Johnny glock on you tube he gives away a lot of his tricks, I learned so much from him he should charge money for his tutorials.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey South Bend I thought you had received the other Spring I sent because you never contacted me to say otherwise. In all fairness if I didn't know how could I remedy it. This is right after Irma hit and shipping was all messed up in Florida. I know exactly who you are so I'll get a few 4.5# springs out to you ASAP. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bang!!

would  have been very surpized  JG  would  have let this  go.i  can't  see how  a  guy who  sell  some of the  nicest  triggers   would  scrapp its  reputation for  a  simple spring lol.  there's  always  2  sides  to  such story .

however, I received a damaged striker spring with the kit I purchased from him and he wouldn't replace it. I'll go with DK from now on.

Edited by sigsauerfan

On 11/26/2017 at 1:30 PM, Southbound said:

I would have recommended JG, however, I received a damaged striker spring with the kit I purchased from him and he wouldn't replace it. I'll go with DK from now on.

5 posts and you’re bashing vendors? Interesting...

• 1 month later...

I have been beaten, bruised and scratched on here for years recommending JG triggers. But no matter, if you want the absolute best Glock trigger it comes out of one place. You really need to send the gun to him if you want the ultimate but never the less, you will get your monies worth. I am not saying that others are not good, they are but there is a difference. Let the beatings begin......