Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wussy Man

Forensics Doc

Wuss(y): A person regarded as weak, ineffectual, or overly fearful.  Origin: a combination of the words “wimp” and (well, you know).—Thefreedictionary.com.

A couple months ago I was in my local Kroger store, and after picking up a few things I headed over to the magazine rack to check out the gun magazines.  Just as I rounded the aisle with the magazine rack I saw a woman going from one end of the rack to the other, moving magazines from one end of the rack to the other, all the while muttering under her breath.  Although the words were mostly inaudible, I heard snippets that mentioned something about someone’s mother, someone’s son, something about female dogs, and something about certain body parts.  Upon seeing me she immediately stopped the muttering and blushed. 

I asked, “Is something wrong?” to which she answered, “Some (pausing slightly while searching for a word that would be acceptable to a customer) jerk keeps putting the gun magazines behind the cooking, sewing, and women’s magazines and keeps putting the cooking, sewing, and women’s magazines in front of the gun magazines.  I just don’t understand it!”  Now, I frequently have to remove a single Car and Driver or Motor Trend magazine from the front of a row of gun magazines, but that’s just because someone didn’t take the time to replace it from where it came from originally.  According to the woman, these were entire rows of women’s magazines that were placed over the gun magazines.  Very strange.

I thought no more about it until I was in the same Kroger a couple weeks ago and once again headed to the magazine rack.  As I neared the rack I saw an older guy calmly and deliberately removing entire rows of gun magazine from one end of the rack and taking them to the other end.  He then carefully tucked them behind a row of Good Housekeeping magazines.  He then took probably six cooking magazines from the left side of the rack, walked about 15 feet to the other end of the rack, and carefully put them over the Guns and Ammo magazines.  He then took a handful of Shooting Times and then walked back to the left side of the rack and hid them behind some kind of sewing magazines. 

I walked up to him and asked, “Would you be terribly upset if I asked you what the hell you’re doing?”

Wussy Man: “Moving magazines,” he replied.

Me: “Well, Sherlock, I can see that.  And your reason is…?”

Wussy Man: “I’m afraid of guns.”

Me: “Those aren’t guns.  Those are pictures of guns on the front cover.”

Wussy Man: “Same thing.”

I briefly considered raising my untucked shirt and showing that there really is a difference between a 1911 and a picture of one, but I figured that upon seeing the difference he would probably lose control of his bladder and hose us both. 

Me: “Not a big fan of the Second Amendment, huh?”

Wussy Man: “I don’t know about the Second Amendment.  I just don’t think anyone should have guns.”

Me: “Well, you’re a bit late on that one.  That issue was decided a couple hundred years ago.  So you’re more comfortable with cooking magazines, sewing magazines, and women’s lingerie magazines?”

Apparently Wussy Man was comfortable in his choice of magazines or perhaps not recognizing sarcasm when he heard it he said, “Yes.”

Me: “Somehow I would have guessed that.”

I then walked away and headed to the manager’s office.  Glancing over my shoulder, I saw that Wussy Man was continuing his quest to hide the gun magazines, apparently undeterred by our brief conversation.  Upon reaching the manager’s office I told him what was going on, and it just so happened that the magazine lady I had met a couple months earlier was there also.  They both headed to the magazine rack while I left to pick up a couple other items before I left the store. 

As I was leaving, I decided to take another pass by the magazine rack and see what was going on.  Sure enough, the manager, magazine lady, and Wussy Man were engaged in a rather spirited conversation, and Wussy Man seemed to be getting the short end of it. 

As I passed behind him, I dropped a 12-pack of Charmin in his cart and continued down the aisle.  Seeing the toilet paper now in his cart, he tuned to me and said, “What’s that for?”  I replied, “You’re so full of (for purposes of this forum let’s just call it “fecal matter”) I thought you might need this.”  The manager and magazine lady then broke out laughing and I could still hear them laughing when I left the store several minutes later.

This thread was closed because the content/topic was judged not to be in line with the rules of the Hate Forum. (mostly likely politics or shooting related..which are out of bounds)Please review what you are..ahhh...allowed to hate. :)Hate Forum Rules:http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8097[note: this is a generic reply]