Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Versamax issues - resolved?

mumzer

I am considering a new shotgun purchase and thinking hard about the versamax tactical. In reviewing the threads in this forum, it is clear that the Remmy had a variety of issues when first introduced.  Problem threads seem to taper off in 2015 or so. I am wondering if the later production guns remain as problematic as the early ones.  Has Big Green solved the feeding, lifter and other issues or have folks just gotten over them?

thanks

My brother and I both have Versamaxes. Mine has around 1k rounds on mine, and my brother probably around 1.5k+. Both were purchased in 2015. Neither of us has had any issues nor have we had to replace any parts. I have been keeping an eye on the known problem areas. Reliability has been flawless on a diet of Federal bulk pack.

Of course this is not a particularly high round count but they were 2015-post guns.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife runs a 2015 Versamax for 3 gun and it is very reliable.   She uses multiple types of slugs and shot loads as light as 7/8oz. at 1200fps up to prairie storm.  We do a full overhaul or all the springs and check the internals for burrs every 5000 rounds.