Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder for 40sw major, infinity barrel.

osw333

Alliant Sport Pistol has been claimed to work as well as N320 for .40 Major and it is half the price.  I picked up a pound locally recently to try it out against N320, but I haven't had a chance to load any up for a comparison as of yet.  I'm hoping to do that this weekend.  Now, I don't know about your particular barrel either, so this is just a general comparison I have read here on the forum.  I hope that helps.  :) 

I used WSF for quite some time and was very happy with it, except for it being so temp sensative. After not making major at a level 2 match because it was so damn cold, I switched to WST and have been using it ever since. Love WST for .40!

I just started loading .40  recently and WSF sounded like the best choice of the powder that was available locally. 

What are your WSF and WST loads Doellemite? 

I started a180 blue bullet with 5.4 WSF at 1.135" and it seemed equal to a factory load (haven't bought a crono yet)

Alliant Sport Pistol has been claimed to work as well as N320 for .40 Major and it is half the price.  I picked up a pound locally recently to try it out against N320, but I haven't had a chance to load any up for a comparison as of yet.  I'm hoping to do that this weekend.  Now, I don't know about your particular barrel either, so this is just a general comparison I have read here on the forum.  I hope that helps.  [emoji4] 
Please share your result.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Believe it or not, I still haven't gotten to it, osw.  Sorry.  :(  I haven't had time to do any reloading at all or pretty much almost any shooting over the past couple of months.  Uggghhh...I'm hoping things slow down after this week since the semester is over then, so I will finally get a chance to breathe.  Maybe then I can finally do some reloading and testing.