Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PPQ Q5 and Comp-Tac Holster - Issues?

saibot

I finally received my new PPQ Q5 Match today (yay) and realized that it doesn't really fit the Comp-Tac holster I bought for it. The side of the holster say PPQ/M2 5, so I believe that's the correct one, but the pistol doesn't fit very well. The trigger guard hits the stops before the rest of the pistol is where it should go. It's about 1/4 from where it should be. Has anyone else seen this? Do they make a Q5 Match specific model? Or perhaps this one is defective?

Thanks

10 hours ago, maleman000 said:

I believe that overall shape of the 5" guns are the same, just different slide cuts. I bought a left over 5" walther holster from Redhill and Q5 fits excellent. 

Okay then. Comp Tac just messed it up.

Either massage it with a heat gun, or send it back. The Blade-Tech for my Tanfoglio Stock III didn’t come close to fitting either. Had to reshape the muzzle end for it to work, and even then...

Let’s just say there’s a reason I’m a big fan of RHT holsters now.

My RHT holster arrived in 27 days. I absolutely love it although it does not provide much retention, no matter how hard I turn the screws in. Maybe it is because I bought their double layer version and it is much more difficult to mold it around the trigger guard with a heat gun. I need to be careful with my gun when I run as an RO.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Kilrb said:

I have a Comp Tac for my PPQ M2 5 inch and it fits perfect just had to adjust tension.

Glad to hear it!

Unfortunately, mine was a dud. The Ben Stoeger Pro Shop took care of me and sent me a Blade-Tech which fit perfectly. 

I have a Comp-Tac holster for my Q5 and it says the same thing as yours on the front, and it fits perfectly.  I have had it for a while and I really like it.  I even have a Leupold DP on it.  If you have already tried adjusting it I would contact Comp-Tac and see what they say.