Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

practice range in San Diego area

Welcome Aaron :cheers:

I'm also in San Diego's north county.  I work in Kearny Mesa so I'm a member of The Gun Range San Diego on Balboa Ave, I shoot a small, but we'll run outlaw match there once a month on Sunday morning, then there is some sort of match every Thursday night at Iron Sights in Oceanside (one USPSA match per month), then there are USPSA matches two Saturdays per month at the Palace indian reservation.  I've heard the Pala range is also open for practice during the week.

14 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

Welcome Aaron :cheers:

I'm also in San Diego's north county.  I work in Kearny Mesa so I'm a member of The Gun Range San Diego on Balboa Ave, I shoot a small, but we'll run outlaw match there once a month on Sunday morning, then there is some sort of match every Thursday night at Iron Sights in Oceanside (one USPSA match per month), then there are USPSA matches two Saturdays per month at the Palace indian reservation.  I've heard the Pala range is also open for practice during the week.

Palace Indians? :D

Now back to the thread: The Rainbow Range and Gun Club is a nice little facility.

Welcome Aaron.

In north county you have a few options. Iron Sights is located in oceanside. They run a match every Thursday night. They run a steel match every 1st and 3rd Thursday. 2nd Thursday is considered steel/paper combo match. The 4th Thursday is a USPSA Match. On the last Sunday of the month they run a IDPA Match. However if you prefer to run it USPSA style there is no issue. A few folks do. 

Pala/LDF runs a USPSA Match on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month at Pala Indian reservation. There stages are excellent. There is also a IDPA Match at Pala held but I don' t know to much about it. 

Norco Run and Gun in Norco runs a USPSA match every weekend at Prado Olympic Park. It is about 1 1/2 hours from Oceanside.