Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bullet Feeder Collator Mount - XL650

I noticed some other threads discussing independent mounting solutions for the Mr Bullet Feeder and thought this might be useful for anyone thinking along those lines.

For reasons that have nothing to do with this thread ... I decided to use an RCBS collator on my XL650 and was shocked to find out I had no easy mounting solution since my press was on a strong mount. The "leaning" green pole provided with that bullet feeder just wouldn't get it.

Anyhow ... I needed a pole mount .. and my OCD needed something that was going to look like it belonged on the press. 

Of course .. if you need a solution for a Dillon press you need to check there first and I found they already had them in stock.

Using a stock Dillon case feeder mount (for a 650 ... a whomping $22) ... you simply turn it around 180 degrees and wala ... it becomes a collator mount.

There is another arm used on the SL900 that holds a shot bucket but it hung out more in the 9 o'clock position and didn't work for me. 

The 650 case feeder mount ends up at the 7 o'clock position and comes out to the edge of the front of the toolhead ... just what I needed.

I attached the "extra" pole just like the SL900 but put a couple of spacers in to get it just right.

Putting one of these on provides an easy solution if you are looking for a pole to bolt something too.

The inside diameter is 7/8 inch and even 3/4 copper pipe telescopes firmly if you need to add on. :lol:

bulletfeederA.thumb.jpg.3a526ede15c88dbe3d40efe9952eaa9c.jpgbulletfeederB.thumb.jpg.7a6acf227371c6803200dc258115d829.jpg

51 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Pretty slick!

Thanks!!

The pole saved my life!! I'm not much of a fabricator ... I "needed" a bolt-on solution. 

I'm sure the guys at the counter (Dillon's) were amused when I asked for the pole and then proceeded to "try it on" the XL650 display machine.

Guess I should have started this thread in the Dillon Equipment section ... it's all their stuff.