Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Building My Own Open Gun

Honkeymcgee

1 minute ago, Broncman said:

Awesome! Got a match coming up next weekend and I am really torn between my new Open and PCC . Have not shot either in a comp yet. 

Just got my new mags this week for my open pistol. 

What mags are you using?

MBX is all I have used so far since I started running a 2011.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool, I shoot out there fairly often. May have to track you down one of these months.

If you're outside of Ingleside, whatcha doing around Houston? I'm working in Gregory several days a week, any leads on indoor weekday matches?

2 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

Very cool, I shoot out there fairly often. May have to track you down one of these months.

If you're outside of Ingleside, whatcha doing around Houston? I'm working in Gregory several days a week, any leads on indoor weekday matches?

I try to make it to Area 59 and River City Shooters as often as I can. 

I started putting on a match at Nichols Guns in Corpus. It is the 1st and 3rd Wednesday night of each month. 

I won't be hosting them anymore due to work but one of the other local shooters is going to try and keep them going. 

• 3 months later...

Little update.

I have around 1,500-2,000 rds on the gun now I'd say. 

Started having some trouble with the extractor so I swapped out the aftec to a Wilson combat.  This was something I had debated on for a while when first parting the gun out. 

I switched to 3n38 and added more holes....it is now hellaciously loud!!!

Last thing was swapping the hammer out to the SVI one I had originally thought about using. Not sure why I didn't end up going with it from the get go. 

I'll be shooting the LSI Championship this weekend and will put up some updates after the match. 

20180417_155344-2016x1512.jpg

41 minutes ago, Broncman said:

Good luck! I was having the typical 9Major issues with extraction. Will find out this weekend if mine is fixed.

Keep us updated on how it goes. Good looking pistol.

Let me know if you're still having issues this weekend.  I'll help you figure it out.

Thanks! Not to derail the thread, but some tape on the underneath of the CMore and some on ejection port, and a slo mo video shows I was ejecting into the bottom of the port, then flipping up into the CMore.... Worked on the ejector some. Extractor seems to be good now as well.

Big learning curve on the symphony of ejection with 9 Major!

Honkey, what mag release is that? I have the Dawson Posilock extended and was running a Brazos Cyclone button. Kept dropping the mag because my support hand hitting the button. Removed the cyclone and just have the bare mag release now.

Edited by Broncman

4 hours ago, Broncman said:

Honkey, what mag release is that? I have the Dawson Posilock extended and was running a Brazos Cyclone button. Kept dropping the mag because my support hand hitting the button. Removed the cyclone and just have the bare mag release now.

That is an SVI button on a CK mag release. 

I had to cut a relief for it, which I hadn't realized I would need to do. Managed to get that part done with a drill bit and a Dremel. 

I think there's some pics a page or two back in the thread. 

Guess I forgot to mention that part when I made the parts list in the beginning. 

Edited by Honkeymcgee

Finally getting around to uploading a few videos. 

Match went well. I had a couple small hiccups which I though we're all from the extractor maybe being a tad too tight but I did find one of the rounds I racked out had a high primer so this could have been the issue on all 3 cases possibly. 

Might have just got a little lazy. 

Anyway I was very happy with how the gun range and definitely do not have anymore ejection issues.

My shooting wasn't so great however. In my line of work I'll go a month or two at times without going to the range and I'm terrible about dry fire.  

I wound up 33 out of about 180 shooters overall. 

Here's a link to a video from the match and you can check out all 5 I loaded by checking out my page. 

• 1 month later...

Finally decided to give this build a new suit. 

Sat down with my buddies at Red Beard Gunworks and we came up with a slick color scheme for this pistol. 

I was blown away with how it came out. The pics don't do it justice. 

The paint is a chameleon blue,purple,green. 

IMG-20180605-WA0030-800x600.jpg

• 5 months later...