Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
lok214

Need some advises, looking to modify a Glock for competition use, G34 vs G17

Hello all! 

New here from Norcal! I am looking to get a G34 or G17 so I can get into the professional shooting match (After I polish up my shooting skills lol). I only have a G19 now so I would like to ask some advises from all your Glock Guru 

If I am planning on using this glock for competition, GSSF, USPSA etc, are there major benefits picking a G34 over a G17?

Thanks!

Welcome...

Sight radius is a wonderful thing.  G34 wins.  Other than that I see no real difference.

Buy ammo right now and go shoot. Talk to people and enjoy yourself,

Your G19 is fine for now. You may choose a different road after meeting people and seeing all the cool guns at matches.

Glock 34

Sights of your choice (TTI or Vogel are really dang good)

Grip tape

13lb ISMI recoil spring on the factory rod

Done. Just add ammo. Resist the temptation to buy skilly, because it doesn't work. And just go practice. A lot.

I'm not a top level shooter by any means but I went back to shooting my G19 for 3-gun because it feels faster and I shoot it pretty well even though I have large hands. 

If I were going for bullseyes I'd want a different gun but for running around and shooting quickly the G19 is plenty.

I do have competition sights, TTI mag well, some extensions on my mags so they drop easier, etc. I have a couple of plain ones too. Best all around pistol for the money ever. 

Better to to spend money on sights, maybe the trigger, and practice ammo imho. 

20170925_iphone_0008.jpg

Edited by Frankly

I have both the 17 and 34. I like the 34 better. Longer sight radius is better. I put new Dawson Sights on the gun. I would definitely put a front fiber optic sight on. I did a trigger job to reduce the trigger pull and make it feel smoother. 

G34 will also have a "better" out of the box trigger than a normal G17.

If you can go to your local gun store, dry fire them to see the difference.

+1 for G34.  And if you find a different gun down the road a G34 would be easy to sell or have as a good Alternate for a match.

I chose Glock 35 instead of Glock 22 for the sight radius alone.  If I ever decided to build an open Glock, I'll use a G22 with a 9mm conversion barrel since the compensator adds length to the gun.

G34. And IMHO there's a better market for them later if you change your mind.

Shoot what you got for now, someone will let you shoot their G34, you MAY see a G17 to try out as well...maybe...

*cough*czp09*cough*

Edited by AngelDeVille

I'm going to throw the G34 MOS out there, this gives you the option to shoot Carry Optics.  This gives you the most flexibility.

And don't forget the G17L. Limits what you can compete in but what a great piece.