Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One or Two Belt Setup for 3gun and USPSA

mrvip27

Belts  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do have two belts, but for now I'm keeping them single stack, and double stack specific.

I have a chest rig for shotgun shells, and a double rifle pouch slips off easy enough.

I have been looking at the Tech lock, and QLS systems and adding $10-20+ per belt item just doesn't seem like a good solution.  I think if I add belt mounted shotgun shell holders I'd use tech locks...

• 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, mrvip27 said:

My only concern about say using a DAA belt or a regular belt would be you couldn't cinch the belt down tight enough will all the shells/mags. Or am I wrong?

I have never had that problem with my current load (gun, Invictus 12, 2-3 140mm mags, 1-2 40rd 223 Mags and potentially another shell caddie. Maybe I'd not doing enough torsional movements, but never worried about the belt separating from the inner.

2 minutes ago, Moloch38 said:

I have never had that problem with my current load (gun, Invictus 12, 2-3 140mm mags, 1-2 40rd 223 Mags and potentially another shell caddie. Maybe I'd not doing enough torsional movements, but never worried about the belt separating from the inner.

Pics of your setup? Are you happy with the els mounts from binary?

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:55 PM, mrvip27 said:

Pics of your setup? Are you happy with the els mounts from binary?

I'll try to upload some when I get home. I've been very happy with it. My belt from shooter connection was pretty thick so getting the mount screws started was a little tricky so you didn't strip them (because the plate wanted to start at an angle because of the belt underneath if that makes sense, almost want to hold it together with pliers and start screws). but once it is set it is set. I have enough spacing and mounts that I can set up all the configurations I need. (I'm a club hero so I haven't tested it at major matches). I'm the young guy that feels obligated to be johnny on the spot resetting and pasting, so it is nice to drop my pistol or shotgun caddies when I'm done shooting. Bending over to pick up steel plates with quad caddies isn't so comfy even for the skinny guys. If you are worried about heavy loads you could even glue some male Velcro to the back of the mounts, but there is a window for about1x.5" that has seemed sufficient so far for it to have something to grab onto.

Edited by Moloch38
additional info

4 hours ago, Moloch38 said:

I'll try to upload some when I get home. I've been very happy with it. My belt from shooter connection was pretty thick so getting the mount screws started was a little tricky so you didn't strip them (because the plate wanted to start at an angle because of the belt underneath if that makes sense, almost want to hold it together with pliers and start screws). but once it is set it is set. I have enough spacing and mounts that I can set up all the configurations I need. (I'm a club hero so I haven't tested it at major matches). I'm the young guy that feels obligated to be johnny on the spot resetting and pasting, so it is nice to drop my pistol or shotgun caddies when I'm done shooting. Bending over to pick up steel plates with quad caddies isn't so comfy even for the skinny guys. If you are worried about heavy loads you could even glue some male Velcro to the back of the mounts, but there is a window for about1x.5" that has seemed sufficient so far for it to have something to grab onto.

Thanks. looking forward to seeing it

For belt security, the new Carbon Arms belt is going to be hard to beat. I just got one set up a few weeks ago and shot my most physically demanding match yet, Rock Hard, and never had any concerns of my belt coming loose. (Squadmate had his standard double layer w/ keeper come loose on a couple stages.)

The CA belt allows a bit more flexibility in mounting TMMS and/or ELS which I found to be substantially better than the ELS belt.

Carbon Arms belt is definitely a winner!

Edited by wgj3

5 hours ago, wgj3 said:

For belt security, the new Carbon Arms belt is going to be hard to beat. I just got one set up a few weeks ago and shot my most physically demanding match yet, Rock Hard, and never had any concerns of my belt coming loose. (Squadmate had his standard double layer w/ keeper come loose on a couple stages.)

The CA belt allows a bit more flexibility in mounting TMMS and/or ELS which I found to be substantially better than the ELS belt.

Carbon Arms belt is definitely a winner!

Seems like that belt would be awesome for sure.

19 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Thanks. looking forward to seeing it

Here's a picture of the mounts, I'll see if I can get some better ones as this is old picture and my holster is on an ELS mount also. Should give you an idea of the flexibility and offset

IMG_2526.jpg

Edited by Moloch38
added

I use an ELS belt for 3-Gun and a BladeTech for USPSA. Different holsters for each (you’ll want retention for 3-Gun) and agree with the positioning issue of ELS from one sport to the other. You only need 1 inner belt, so you save there... you could use 2 ELS putter belts and then you’d just need some extra receiver plates... I may have a few extra I could spare for a few bucks. Start with one and work your way to having two as funds free up and you get tired of changing setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk