Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Critiques

Broski

ChuckS : I hadn't put and official one together, but it is pretty basic. Start position: Facing generally down range, standing behind barrel. Gun Unloaded and placed on barrel with first magazine also on barrel. Upon start signal engage targets from within fault lines.

@ChuckS that was my first thought as well: the port in the second wall needs to be framed with noshoots on all 4 sides, 

V is one of the stages I rate a 5 out of 10:

It’s much more interesting than an 8, 8, 8, 8 stage with four poets, but there’s still really only one logical way to shoot it. Put some of that steel downrange and move a couple of paper so that they’re visible from multiple locations, and things get much more interesting.

Also, recognize as a stage designer than everyone with leave the shooting area to run straight across from one tip of the V to the other, unless you somehow block that option off.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

7 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@ChuckS that was my first thought as well: the port in the second wall needs to be framed with noshoots on all 4 sides,

It can still be a problem. People are going to hit the wall if the scale is correct. Distant ports don't work welll unless the port is MUCH bigger than the space left by the no-shoots. A target with hardcover presents the same shooting problem without murdering walls. ;)

Edited by ChuckS

On V

You could replace the down range port wall with 2 barrel stacks and declare the barrels soft cover in the WSB, no scoring hassles and your wall will not get all shot up.

I would probably reverse the barrel stacks on the two walls in front of the two down range side walls, it appears they are there to extend the wall so nobody can shoot the targets around that side of the wall, in changing the barrels to the other side I would place the wall so it can not be shot around to the out side and have the barrels be towards where the shooters will be engaging the targets across the bay, once again so shooters that get on the trigger too early don't shoot my wall they just shoot a barrel.

I would make sure to set the up range most popper down range of the down range most fault line to prevent a bunch of 180 violations 

I have no idea what your bay size is but the way that is shown you would need to have the poppers quite a bit further out to each side to maintain minimum distances (looks like you would need about a 30 yd wide bay for this)  

Edited by MikeBurgess