Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JV Industries Mount

tyman1876

I have used them in the past, both for Doctor sights, but the design is the same. My experience is that they don't take a lot of abuse before breaking, especially the top. The built-in nipples for the sight mounting screws are not all that robust and I have actually broken them (twice) when I inadvertently bumped the sight on a prop in the middle of a stage. Did not think it was that hard, but I was not able to finish either match because the sight was loose, with no way to tighten it. I take responsibility for the bumping, but the breakage was still disconcerting. JoJo was good about it and actually "fixed" the first one with heli-coil in place of the nipples so that I could re-mount the sight. I did not bother sending the second one back to JoJo. The JV mount puts the sight low to the slide and I liked that - just take care not to bump up against anything.

I have used them in the past, both for Doctor sights, but the design is the same. My experience is that they don't take a lot of abuse before breaking, especially the top. The built-in nipples for the sight mounting screws are not all that robust and I have actually broken them (twice) when I inadvertently bumped the sight on a prop in the middle of a stage. Did not think it was that hard, but I was not able to finish either match because the sight was loose, with no way to tighten it. I take responsibility for the bumping, but the breakage was still disconcerting. JoJo was good about it and actually "fixed" the first one with heli-coil in place of the nipples so that I could re-mount the sight. I did not bother sending the second one back to JoJo. The JV mount puts the sight low to the slide and I liked that - just take care not to bump up against anything.

Thanks for the info. For $100, it should be pretty durable....