Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pcc brass

StevenR

This may have already been covered, but I couldn't find it.  Have been having a lot of bulged brass picked up from matches that are so bulged it makes a ridge at the base of the case after resizing.  Thought at first maybe it was 9 major, now I'm thinking it is Pcc as they outnumber open 9's at our range.  Just wondering if I am right or wrong.  Appreciate any thoughts, not that I can do much except screen the brass better.  Thanks

I suppose if its loaded pretty hot it may bulge.  The Glock magazine based guns do allow the rear of the brass to be unsupported about 1/16".  (I've never messed with a Colt magazine based PCC but they may do the same.)

I run my loads at 132 PF and some of the brass has been loaded several times.  So far I've not seen any of my brass with that bulge.

Sounds like brass from a factory glock barrel. Most glock pistols are unsupported at the ramp area which causes the guppy brass or glock bulge. If the primer has a rectangular raised area by the indent from the firing pin it has been fired from a glock pistol. I'm assuming the brass was bulged on one side. If not then disregard.