Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage 10 from Area4

B_RAD

This was my last stage of the day. Shot all on Friday. 

Things I know I  could have done better. 

1. Picking up another target instead of waiting on the clam shell. I was too cautious. I remember thinking holy crap I'm losing points. 

2. Miffed the reload out of position 1

3.  Should have gotten to the targets before the last position sooner. 

Time: 15.3 

A:20

C:1

Please critique 

Edited by B_RAD

Hopefully this is what you were looking for. Stepping directly backwards instead of to the left cost you two steps. You could easily see the full target arrays by stepping left initially into the shooting area and since you have to step and draw anyways, you might as well get going in the right direction towards your next target array.

Your reload coming out of the first position cost you being able to engage those two open paper on the move as well so it was a double whammy in terms of time lost both in the bobble and taking those more flat footed than you planned. Going from those two open paper to the tuxedo was slower than it needed to be. I know a lot of guys didn't want to blow past the tuxedo and have to come back for a makeup but you need to get there faster then make your hits count as soon as your sights clear that wall. 

Target order on that first array was really important. Because the big popper fell slow slow AND there was a wide open paper a foot away, it was a very fast transition to hit popper, paper, tuxedo. We had some Open shooters hit popper, paper, tuxedo, mini, trap and leave that position VERY fast but that was a gamble. 

51 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

The very worst stage of the match for me, nothing to contribute to a dude who smoke me. ahahhahaha

First, no smoke at all!

Second, you're still up on the count. 

I really wanted to go for every other target before the clamshell but was too scared. 

As said above step to your left.

plenty of time to take popper, paper, tuxedo, mini and then clamshell. That would have been at least 1 second saved on the stage.

i am Thinking 11 was a good production time?

you lost 2-3 seconds in the first two positions 

Edited by Foxj66

Josh, basically the stage designer set an amazing array. This stage was about the choice on that first array with a big heavy slow forward falling popper. The open paper to the left was easy. The clam was also easy and open and it dipped all the way to the ground, lots of time. Putting the tuxedo as the swing target to the right was perfect. Pulling a shot into the hard cover cost you a makeup on the exit so your transition had to be spot on to pull off the "Everything before the clam" plan. 

After all that mind game you had to execute the rest of the stage which went from wide open close paper to a pretty far long paper through the port at the end. 

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Josh, basically the stage designer set an amazing array. This stage was about the choice on that first array with a big heavy slow forward falling popper. The open paper to the left was easy. The clam was also easy and open and it dipped all the way to the ground, lots of time. Putting the tuxedo as the swing target to the right was perfect. Pulling a shot into the hard cover cost you a makeup on the exit so your transition had to be spot on to pull off the "Everything before the clam" plan. 

After all that mind game you had to execute the rest of the stage which went from wide open close paper to a pretty far long paper through the port at the end. 

Ya watched a bunch of vids on it.  Looked like a fun one.

Was best sequence - Steel, open, zebra, clam, steel? 

If you had the sand to pull it off the fastest I saw was Steel, Open, Tux, mini-Steel, Clam gave you an easier exit than the mini popper. Since the big popper was a forward falling activator AND the clam dipped so far down and paused there was enough time to catch a shot on that mini popper before the activator opened/closed fully. 

I shot Steel, Open, Tux, Clam, Mini...but that plan worked alright in the end ;)

1 minute ago, Darqusoull13 said:

If you had the sand to pull it off the fastest I saw was Steel, Open, Tux, mini-Steel, Clam gave you an easier exit than the mini popper. Since the big popper was a forward falling activator AND the clam dipped so far down and paused there was enough time to catch a shot on that mini popper before the activator opened/closed fully. 

I shot Steel, Open, Tux, Clam, Mini...but that plan worked alright in the end ;)

I saw a video of someone getting them all before the clam.  Looked good. 

20 hours ago, GorillaTactical said:

Ya watched a bunch of vids on it.  Looked like a fun one.

Was best sequence - Steel, open, zebra, clam, steel? 

Best sequence was popper, paper, tuxedo, mini and clam. Even most of the B class guys on my squad shot it that way. There really was a lot of time. I can post my video up if you need to see it

Just now, Foxj66 said:

Best sequence was popper, paper, tuxedo, mini and clam. Even most of the B class guys on my squad shot it that way. There really was a lot of time. I can post my video up if you need to see it

Only if you want to, I didn't attend the event so I was just looking at what others were doing to gauge timings.  Bottom line being, @B_RAD had the skill to shoot it a better way, and understanding that for next time is a great takeaway IMO.

1 minute ago, GorillaTactical said:

Only if you want to, I didn't attend the event so I was just looking at what others were doing to gauge timings.  Bottom line being, @B_RAD had the skill to shoot it a better way, and understanding that for next time is a great takeaway IMO.

I agree, the last popper I would say was probably a wash as well, as you basically just took the clamshell in different parts of the its opening closing if you took the mini before or after 

12 minutes ago, GorillaTactical said:

Yup!

you could have easily grabbed the open target next to the big popper and then to the tuxedo as the transition was nearly nothing from popper to paper. that would have saved a second.

Jared, yes, the fastest prod run was in the 11's but we're talking Heatherington here. As for a solid run, mid 13's would easily be doable for Brad. The reload coming out of position 1 wasn't bad (I don't see much time wasted or spent here) as everyone with a low-cap gun had to reload there. the biggest brunt of time lost was simply not enough confidence on the first array, and the other being the last position at the port. Your body positioning there could have been better and you'd have saved about .70-1.0 sec just setting up on that better and minding your splits on that far tuxedo

Anyway, that's just my unasked for $.02...

I wish I would have picked up more before the clam shell. 

I've already learned a lot from this thread. 

I didn't even think about stepping to the right when planning. 

Also, didnt think to watch and see how deep the clam opened.