Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

single vs double sided mount

Sandbagger123

I am contemplating that issue right now, I have a Serendipty with a couple of mount holes that are cracked. I can send it back to C-More, or cut it down to a Slideride and use a single sided mount. I am leaning towards the later so that I do not have to remove the racker to get the slide off, yes, I can get a ball detent racker. There seem to be an awful lot of folks with single side mounts, I do not hear of them breaking, or moving so much as to effect accuracy. 

Hello: I was mostly a 90 C-More mount guy(sounds kinda dirty) and have gone to upright mounts now. I have noticed that the two sided mounts have less dot movement from the mount flexing than the single sided upright mounts I've tried. I shoot 9mm major with no problems. Thanks, Eric

4 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I was mostly a 90 C-More mount guy(sounds kinda dirty) and have gone to upright mounts now. I have noticed that the two sided mounts have less dot movement from the mount flexing than the single sided upright mounts I've tried. I shoot 9mm major with no problems. Thanks, Eric

hmmm i never thought of this.   

I am contemplating that issue right now, I have a Serendipty with a couple of mount holes that are cracked. I can send it back to C-More, or cut it down to a Slideride and use a single sided mount. I am leaning towards the later so that I do not have to remove the racker to get the slide off, yes, I can get a ball detent racker. There seem to be an awful lot of folks with single side mounts, I do not hear of them breaking, or moving so much as to effect accuracy. 
Are you right handed? Because if so, that racker should be on the left if you want to be efficient (which means removing it regardless) Clearing stoppages, unloaded starts, picking up the gun off a table... all these things will be faster with the racker on the proper side.

My .02

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My racker works faster on the right side as right hander. No issue with my right hand thumb:

It's fine if you prefer it that way. But you are leaving time on the table. It can't be faster than on the left, because you have to move your hands further and contort your wrists more to rack the slide, especially if you have turn the gun on it's side to dump out whatever stoppage is going on.

4 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

It's fine if you prefer it that way. But you are leaving time on the table. It can't be faster than on the left, because you have to move your hands further and contort your wrists more to rack the slide, especially if you have turn the gun on it's side to dump out whatever stoppage is going on.

Gooldy is right. But it doesnt stop people like Chris Tilley from rocking em that way.

Gooldy is right. But it doesnt stop people like Chris Tilley from rocking em that way.

Like I said, it's fine if you want to have it on the right, lots of people do. Even at extremely hugh levels in the game. But people that think it is faster than the left are mistaken.

My guess, is most of those people that shoot at a very high level and have their racker on the right have guns that are extremely reliable, and are willing to trade time on the much less common unloaded start stages to prevent possibly getting their thumb hit. But it should be a conscious decision in my opinion, not just "I don't have to take the racker off to remove the slide"

Hello: If your racker slot is cut through both sides you can install a Brazos right side or left side racker with detents. All you have to do is put the two small ball end mill cuts in the slot as Bob states in the instructions. With practice one is just as fast as the other. Thanks, Eric