Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doubles

gunner40sw

For skeet, I use just two cylinder chokes. 

For double trap, light mod first, then improved mod on top. 

For sportibg clays, it depends on the array. 

I tend to use less choke than others do. Works better with the lighter payloads I prefer. 

In 12 gauge I use 3/4 ounce claybuster wads for targets under 35 yards. 1 ounce for everything else. 

For 20 gauge, it's 3/4 ounce for everything. 

If course smaller shot size for close targets. Larger for longer ranges. 

For practice, full over full. For competition I use the same. If im going to miss, it won't be Because of the wrong choke. 

I like 1oz #8 or #9 at 1200fps. More shot the better and 9's will break em from the 22 yard line as well. 

i use mod in the bottom barrel (.020") and full in the top barrel (.035").  2-3/4 dram 8s for both shots unless its real windy. Then i shoot 3 dram 7-1/2s. I like the new Federal Grand shell for ATA shoots and what ever i got laying around for practice. I am a AA- 27- A dbls. shooter. All i can say is the faster you can shoot the better, good luck.

2 hours ago, dantrap said:

i use mod in the bottom barrel (.020") and full in the top barrel (.035").  2-3/4 dram 8s for both shots unless its real windy. Then i shoot 3 dram 7-1/2s. I like the new Federal Grand shell for ATA shoots and what ever i got laying around for practice. I am a AA- 27- A dbls. shooter. All i can say is the faster you can shoot the better, good luck.

there is no doubt in my mind you are correct with the faster you shoot the better. it sucks chasing the 2nd target down. LOL

• 3 months later...

M bottom barrel, IM top barrel. Don't look for the first target to break before moving to the second (you hit it or you didn't - you don't get a second chance) and the IM should be fine. Like I've heard said - there's no extra credit for smoke. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have found that 0.20/0.25 in lower bbl (fires first) then 0.34 in upper bbl is a good combination that works well for me. If you are on the clay it will break. This choke combination also leaves you open to shoot live birds with the same gun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...