Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reload question

Yoder

On 11/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

+10,000

When you know the "reasons" they will often seem nuttier than squirrel shit and that will bother you a lot more than not knowing. Think of it as a game like monopoly with arbitrary rules like "do not pass go & do not collect $200" & just play. 

^

But all it does is force me to shoot one target 3 times in order to get the gun into slide lock. Luckily now we can reload behind cover while moving instead of the ole flat foot thing. 

Gotta learn how to Game the rules. 

Several years ago I inquired of a very experienced IPSC/USPSA/IDPA/3gun shooter about the rationale behind some of the IDPA rules. To make a long story short he was able to give me some feedback but in the end said "good luck with your quest". At the time I was puzzled by the response but after dealing with the IDPA organization and the IDPA rulebook for the period of time since then and now I can now understand where he was coming from.

As has been said before there isn't much to be gained (if anything) by trying to figure out why IDPA does what it does. You have to either accept them for what they are or move on. Personally I have decided to accept them for what they are but I can't help thinking they could be so much more.

If you are looking for an "action pistol" organization that is at least half-way responsive to the voices from the crowd then if the two choices are IDPA and USPSA... USPSA is your only option.

Edited by ddc