Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked up a Pristine MarkIII Target

kmanick

stainless steel model with all Volquartsen internals already installed from a local.

Really liking this gun as I'm starting to train for a pistol team as well as the Steel plate stuff and Live action shooting I'm doing with my M&P 9L

A couple got a away from me and I was a tad high the first mag but 30 shots in  and I was feeling pretty good at 50 feet.

I picked up a  Vortex Venon for it but I'm having so much fun with the sights on there (not stock , I forgot what the seller said they were but they are fiber optic)

I'm in no rush to put it on yet.

8-27-2017_zpsh3tphxqg.jpg

• 1 month later...

so I finally put the Venom on this thing and it wouldn't zero , I had to shim it with a  piece of a credit card to elevate the rear part of it.

Vortex is sending me a Viper plate and I ordered a shim off of Amazon.

anyone else have this issue? 

I had the same issue with my Shield mini sight on my M&P 9L too , had to get shims form shield for it to zero.

2 for 2 :(

venom%20on%20mark%20III_zpsk7v6hrot.jpg

shimmed_zpsi08iql34.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

update on this , Vortex sent me a plate for their "Viper" and now  am zeroed in quite nicely.

They look to be a pretty great company to deal with, their support reps were quick and courteous

and seemed to be genuinely interested in helping me out. I sent back the mount for the Venom

and am shredding targets with this thing :)