Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MGM spinner for USPSA stage?

BigBamBoo

So our local club recently purchased a MGM spinner. We have been using it for out Tuesday Evening Steel shoots...and folks HATE it. So of corse I personally think it would be a great prop for a USPSA stage.

My question is is this a prop that can and should be used for USPSA? If yes, how about some suggestions on a stage design for its use.

thanks

Realistically, they also create some safety concerns in  bays where you don't want rounds leaving the berms. If you catch the top plate on its way "down" going away from you, it creates a nice ramp for the bullet to skip right on out of the bay.

Not legal for USPSA but a blast to shoot in 3 gun and other matches. I think it's also an interesting target to work timing of both the sights during recoil and optimal target availability. At our last falling steel match (NOT USPSA) I think more USPSA shooters enjoyed the spinner than the 3 gunners did :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, BigBamBoo said:

So our local club recently purchased a MGM spinner. We have been using it for out Tuesday Evening Steel shoots...and folks HATE it. So of corse I personally think it would be a great prop for a USPSA stage.

My question is is this a prop that can and should be used for USPSA? If yes, how about some suggestions on a stage design for its use.

thanks

I shoot a lot of 3 gun and I really enjoy the spinner but in 3 gun the RO will call over this could be a problem in USPSA as a complaint could be one RO called in quicker than another