Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone tried the new SVI grip?

cs62

10 hours ago, Balakay said:

Nonsense. It is aggressive for sure but after a few sessions you will have adapted and be grateful about the grip you have purchased.

IMHO, nothing better for hot humid climates or extra sweaty palms. For the record, I am not a manual laborer with ridiculously calloused hands. 

Agreed. I switched to a steel grip and it has been great. The grip is consistent no matter the level of sweat or humidity. 

About a week of dryfire had my hands used to the extra texture. 

10 hours ago, Balakay said:

Nonsense. It is aggressive for sure but after a few sessions you will have adapted and be grateful about the grip you have purchased.

IMHO, nothing better for hot humid climates or extra sweaty palms. For the record, I am not a manual laborer with ridiculously calloused hands. 

Agreed.  I don't have calloused hands and the grip (two of them, actually) never "grated" my skin.  It's a definite grip, once you grab on strongly, but it still allows for grip corrections if you loosen your grip on it.  Great for humid days and sweaty hands.  I've only used grip enhancer (liquid chalk) a couple of times this season, on particularly "drippy" days. 

Also, if you think it's too aggressive, take a file and *gently* round off the points until it suits you.s s

(Wonder how anybody tolerates skateboard tape, which is pretty popular.  "Eeew, it's so rough and raspy on my pretty hands"  :wacko: )

On 9/29/2017 at 10:09 AM, Mhall said:

Agreed. I switched to a steel grip and it has been great. The grip is consistent no matter the level of sweat or humidity. 

About a week of dryfire had my hands used to the extra texture. 

Same here. New convert to aggressive steel grip on 2011, LOVE IT. Not nearly as hand shredding as I thought it might be when I just handled a few before purchasing. I'm VERY happy with my purchase and adding one to a build currently. That said, these new textures look awesome.. not quite awesome enough for me to peel my hands off my aggressive grip and try one tho..

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, teros135 said:

Agreed.  I don't have calloused hands and the grip (two of them, actually) never "grated" my skin.  It's a definite grip, once you grab on strongly, but it still allows for grip corrections if you loosen your grip on it.  Great for humid days and sweaty hands.  I've only used grip enhancer (liquid chalk) a couple of times this season, on particularly "drippy" days. 

Also, if you think it's too aggressive, take a file and *gently* round off the points until it suits you.s s

(Wonder how anybody tolerates skateboard tape, which is pretty popular.  "Eeew, it's so rough and raspy on my pretty hands"  :wacko: )

Thanks. good tip on rounding the points to take it down a notch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Brazen firearms quoted $120 for a steel 2011 grip coated using PVD process. Another place that escapes me quoted around $180 for PVD coating. 

Payed Brazen firearms $100 for doing TiN on my ck arms steel gripIMG_2817.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 10/17/2017 at 12:43 AM, Descartian said:

So I'm a big fan of skate tape and a bigger fan of my Alma Cole silica carbide 36grit grips...

Has anyone shot these yet to be able to compare?

I’m not sure what Alma’s 36-grit SiC grips are like,  but I’ve made several custom skate tape grips myself using 36 grit. Also, I’m using SVI’s 36 grit tape on my 5.4 inch pistol.  36 grit completely locks you in.  It also cuts up my palms after a few hundred rounds. No chance of drawing blood with this new style of grip from SVI. It does not lock you in like 36 grit does, but readjusting your grip would also be easier.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 5:27 AM, Eliboudreaux said:

Payed Brazen firearms $100 for doing TiN on my ck arms steel gripIMG_2817.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My dvc new island barrel is coming, I'm from Brazil, what do you say about this CK grip? I'm looking at several options, and it's difficult to choose from a distance! does it actually add performance to the weapon compared to the polymer grip?

• 2 weeks later...