Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DIY case feeder info please.

air8

Hello all, Looking for places to do some research about electronics for a rifle case collator I've created from internet research.

I'm reloading on Lee Loadmasters. For my rifle reloading I have built a case hopper and have it feeding reliable. I have been working to build electronics to control the amount of rifle cases in the vertical tube. I have a breadboard (test) setup that works flawless but when soldering up to a PCB board I have transistors that keep dying. LoL. The NPN transistor in my circuit will work for like one time then nada, nothing, zip. After a few evenings of trying to troubleshoot the issue I have narrowed it down to this one transistor which keeps giving up.

I am hoping to find other ways people have built their case feeders regarding electronics. But it's getting more difficult to search info on the internet these days. Used to be able to type something in and find results. Nowadays you get a few results...and then thousands of "you might also like", or "related topics." So frustrating. LoL. 

Anyway, I've researched a little on electronic forums. But since I'm not an IT person or electronics professional, I can't locate the areas of their forums where I need to ask questions without someone running me into the ground for not having gone to college for electronics, or having been a professional for 20 years. 

I am just trying to get this one, simple circuit to operate and get on with reloading. So if anyone has suggestions for where to read and discuss DIY case collators I would appreciate it very much. 

Thanx

Chris

• 3 weeks later...

I have an Entirely Crimson Bullet collator.  It came with instructions of assembly.  It also contains a list of motors, switches which can be purchased on ebay.  You might find its assembly instructions pdf file useful.  Just google "Entirely Crimson Bullet Collator" and you will find a link to the pdf file.

(I tried to post the link, but it tries to insert the entire file to my post.)