Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster recommendations

glocklover

Can someone explain why the alpha x is so great? It looks pretty much the same as the old DAA and it is magnetic so it can't really be too much different than before in that respect. It is not like the reinvented magnets. Why is it so much better than before? Everyone says they like it BUT no one gave any reasons.... maybe they like it because some local GM guy at their club said it was great and they took it as the gospel?

The magnet can't be strong enough for me to snatch out the pistol similar to the WSMII. The extra bit of retention is really what does it for me witht he WSMII. I have tried Ghost ultimate, 014, DAA, and CRSpeed. Now I traded all the others and have 4 WSMII.  

How is it great? Why?

1 hour ago, 3gunDQ said:

Can someone explain why the alpha x is so great? It looks pretty much the same as the old DAA and it is magnetic so it can't really be too much different than before in that respect. It is not like the reinvented magnets. Why is it so much better than before? Everyone says they like it BUT no one gave any reasons.... maybe they like it because some local GM guy at their club said it was great and they took it as the gospel?

The magnet can't be strong enough for me to snatch out the pistol similar to the WSMII. The extra bit of retention is really what does it for me witht he WSMII. I have tried Ghost ultimate, 014, DAA, and CRSpeed. Now I traded all the others and have 4 WSMII.  

How is it great? Why?

I love my Racemaster magnetic and won't change to the latest flavor of the day based on what I have read.

Pretty sure there are some who didn't like it after switching due to comfort? I thought I read that here.

Uses the same block as RM so nothing new there.

I think it is easier to adjust and lock in place but once you lock any holster down they pretty much never get touched again.

Doesn't seem worth it to me unless one just has to have the latest gear. 

Hello: I like the Race master more than the Alpha X. It is more comfortable on my leg because of the little pad it has. It also adjusts easily and locks in place well. It is very secure even when not locked. I don't need to remove the holster from the belt so I don't need that feature. DAA sell removable mounts now if you need that feature. Thanks, Eric

I'll be the outlier.  I love my Safariland 014 setups.  I have 3 of them for Bianchi 1911's, USPSA Glock, USPSA 2011.
Do you have a metal grip on your open gun? My buddy is an absolute 014 fan but his new gun doesn't fit with the Evo grip. I really do like the security and release on the 014, but I could never use one personally because I don't like how big they are. They make it tough for me to sit comfortably

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk