Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Release

TimESPExp

I am getting ready to head out for IDPA Nationals and need some clarification. I'm running a ghost x mag release. Per the old rule book 8.6.4.1 the release couldn't produde anymore than .2 and not have a larger OD than normal. The new rules saying nothing about this. 

I am shooting ESP BTW, any help/clarification would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG_0978.JPG

I had to check the rule book but it does state the magazine release may not be oversized in diameter.  Page 26 of the 2017 rule book, 8.1.7 D

Surprisingly, to me at least, your front cocking serrations and stipling are legal.

Edited by Mushki25
IDPA rule changes

29 minutes ago, Mushki25 said:

I had to check the rule book but it does state the magazine release may not be oversized in diameter.  Page 26 of the 2017 rule book, 8.1.7 D

Surprisingly, to me at least, your front cocking serrations and stipling are legal.

Thank you I didn't see the old rule in the new book, I guess I'll shave it down to a normal diameter. 

IDPA stipulates what you can do to your gun(s). Look over the section that details the allowed mods for your division and make sure that the places that you have changed from "factory" are allowed in ESP.

8 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

IDPA stipulates what you can do to your gun(s). Look over the section that details the allowed mods for your division and make sure that the places that you have changed from "factory" are allowed in ESP.

Yes I'm familiar, I won 2017 State with this gun, and 8.2.2.2N. States that stippling is allowed. It does not provide specific areas. I'm just double checking everything because Nationals is tier 5.

Went back and read the rules...

Yeah, so I would guess that the only issue that you have is the size of the surface of the mag release button; it can't be larger than the factory button. I see where the trigger guard mods are allowed, so it looks as though you should almost be good to go.

Just now, wgj3 said:

Went back and read the rules...

Yeah, so I would guess that the only issue that you have is the size of the surface of the mag release button; it can't be larger than the factory button. I see where the trigger guard mods are allowed, so it looks as though you should almost be good to go.

Yes thank you sir, you scared the shit out of me haha. I just replaced the mag release with a stock one and even with the scallop it only sticks out .155

4 minutes ago, Mushki25 said:

I would be more concerned with the reduction of the frame in the grip area.

What made you choose a Glock over a gun that would have fit you better anyways?

Why should I be concerned, can you site a rule that would cause question? I choose glock because one of my sponsors is a glock modifier.