Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Small rifle primers for 45 ACP?

Kaldor

I know a few guys around here use SRPs of various manufacture for other pistol calibers.  I have a ton of CCI 400 primers on hand and a few thousand pieces of SP 45 brass.  Anyone see any issue with using these?  Id obviously work this up, but does anyone see any issues that could happen mechanics wise?  Would be shot from a M&P 2.0 and a 1911.  

Thanks!

My only concern was cup thickness to be honest.  The 400s are .020" and the 500s are .017".  Supposedly the Win LPP are .020".  I think it will fire them, because both guns have seen plenty of Win LPPs.

So I guess I know what Ill be doing tonite

• 7 months later...
On 8/31/2017 at 2:20 PM, Kaldor said:

Thanks!

My only concern was cup thickness to be honest.  The 400s are .020" and the 500s are .017".  Supposedly the Win LPP are .020".  I think it will fire them, because both guns have seen plenty of Win LPPs.

So I guess I know what Ill be doing tonite

Did you run any chrono tests between small pistol primers and small rifle primers?  I am curious to your results.  I have to run some tests for my 9mm Major load with the two different primers.  I think I am getting faster velocity with the small rifle primers.