Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M3000

New here but not new to shooting. I am fairly proficient in rifle and pistol shooting and excited to start shooting competition, primarily USPSA but hoping to get into 3 gun so i want to make purchases with that in mind. I am looking for a shotgun that is a jack of all trades master of none sorta shotgun to get me started. I have owned a pump 12g in the past but sold it because I found a good deal on a glock I couldn't pass up at the time. SO I've been looking at a stoeger m3000 or m3k to purchase. The primary use of this shotgun will be for fun, and I hear there is not many things more fun than 3 gun. So it will be primarily used with 3 gun in mind. I am also hoping it will do okay with clays/trap and an occasional hunting trip for dove, I would much rather be at a pistol range than a clay shoot but thats not always the case for my friends so clay/trap/dove is a secondary concern for me but I would still like to have it as an option. 

So with that in mind I was thinking a 24" or 26" barrel. Is the m3k going to put me at a disadvantage with the 24" barrel compared to a 26" m3000. Ive tried to read the mega thread. But its been taking up all my time so I figured I would just ask here... is there a general consensus m3k or m3000 modified? Whatall would need to be done to either for a minimalist 3 gun set up?

Any and all info is appreciated!

Thanks!

You are about to receive 450 responses from BE members who have an opinion

of The Best Shotgun for 3-gun.    :ph34r:

While you're waiting, you might want to go thru the archives here at BE and

read thousands of postings about "The Best Shotgun for 3-gun" and all the

modifications that need to be made to the various brands.

Welcome to the wonderful world of shotguns   :)   

I'd contact MOA Precision and buy one of their package deal M3000 shotguns. I think that's the best deal going. I'm not well versed enough in shotguns to tell you 24 inch vs 26 inch, but I can tell you that the magazine extension can go way past the muzzle of the gun with no problems so it doesn't limit you there.

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:39 PM, beans_and_bullets said:

Any and all info is appreciated!

There is a thread here on BE entitled M3000, and there are

about 4,500 responses to it - Everything You Might Want

to Know about the 3000 should be on that thread   :)