Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CGW adjustable sights

1911vm

We are very excited to share a break through in CZ sighting systems.  CGW has collaborated with Dawson Precision (Thanks Dave) to build and offer the best fully adjustable rear sight for the CZ.  

This sight is compact, robust, looks like it belongs on a CZ and is in fact built just for our pistols.  The sight is super ridged, and is fully adjustable for windage and elevation with the simple turn of a screw.   

Even better is the sight installed height which is just about right - as a comparison, the new Shadow 2 uses a pretty tall .300" (7.5 mm tall front sight) and our new CGW sight uses a .250" (6 mm front sight).  So it looks right on a CZ; simple, elegant, and beautiful.  Pricing has not been set, but we promise to keep the cost reasonable.  We should have these available the end of July for purchase.

First versions will fit the "standard" CZ dovetail, i.e. SP-01, P-01, &5B, etc, then versions for the Shadow 1 & 2 will follow quickly.  We also plan to offer these for the P-07/09 and P-10-C in the very near future.  

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=90358.0

Edited by 1911vm

16 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

That thing is way to shallow for me. I like .100 to .120 deep and .125 to .135 wide depending on the gun. Looks good other than that though 

Ditto, I like it a lot, but .080" is very shallow. I was already looking for an alternative for my factory CZ adjustable, which is .100" deep (and already shallow IMO). 

I'd take a 7mm+ front sight any day to get a deeper notch. 

Edited by spook

I here your conserns but the sight picture is really clean. I have the sights installed on my compact.  Here are a couple of pictures.  Having problems posting pictures will try to change resolution. 

He took that picture really close to the back of the gun though. Put your eye there and the notch gets wider & deeper.

Take a photo from 2 feet behind the slide, then crop it to "zoom in" and you get an accurate sight picture, like these Dawson's I got for the Walther PPQ today:

IMG_7193.JPG

On 9/1/2017 at 6:08 PM, 1911vm said:

20170901_180732.jpg

Dawson makes good stuff and it's nice to have another option out there, I just don't like the shallow notch. My current one is .100 deep and I think it's to shallow so .80 would be even worse. Dawson gives you the option to pay $10 and have whatever notch size you want. Is this a option with these new sights?

18 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

He took that picture really close to the back of the gun though. Put your eye there and the notch gets wider & deeper.

Take a photo from 2 feet behind the slide, then crop it to "zoom in" and you get an accurate sight picture, like these Dawson's I got for the Walther PPQ today:

IMG_7193.JPG

I did about 10-12 in away could not take a good picture my hands were moving LOL

Edited by 1911vm

9 hours ago, himurax13 said:

How high is the rear sight raised with the matching front sight after it is sighted in? It looks like the rear sight is raised quite a bit.

Its pretty high. 2 reason

1.  I think They sent me front sight that was a bit to tall. I do not have a way to measure it.  IE (micrometer)

2.  its on a compact. but what I was surprised about is that their is still room to go up.

• 2 weeks later...