Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New 40c/357sig Brass Processor

tmz

A new setup I put together  recently  to help out with my reloading process. I use a Dillon XL 650  and a Ponsness Warren  auto drive.  I modified both units a little bit to suit my needs. The Dillon  is set up with two stations, first one is sizing and

de-priming and the second one is also

de-priming  to reassure no stuck or  crimped primers  left behind.  After processing all the brass I run it through the machine one more time to prime all the brass.  May take a little extra time but there's no effort to do this except to watch everything. Then off to the 1050 for an effortless loading session "no sizing and no priming"  I don't do this all in one session  but have the sized and primed brass ready to go for loading. 

Thought I would share with a little YouTube video. Thanks Tony 

Very nice setup!!  If I shot more .40, I'd consider doing something like this. 

BTW, what dies are you using? 

I ask because, I've found that from time to time when running 9mm, the case gets hung up on the edge of my Lee sizing die.  I typically push the case in a smidge and it enters the die just fine.  If I were doing this with an automated setup, it would end up either stopping the drive due to over-torque or crushing the case.  Maybe this is just a Lee issue as I know the Dillon dies have a larger radius to allow the shell to enter the die more easily.

On 8/27/2017 at 6:57 AM, muncie21 said:

Very nice setup!!  If I shot more .40, I'd consider doing something like this. 

BTW, what dies are you using? 

I ask because, I've found that from time to time when running 9mm, the case gets hung up on the edge of my Lee sizing die.  I typically push the case in a smidge and it enters the die just fine.  If I were doing this with an automated setup, it would end up either stopping the drive due to over-torque or crushing the case.  Maybe this is just a Lee issue as I know the Dillon dies have a larger radius to allow the shell to enter the die more easily.

Thanks and actually I'm just using a couple of Lee dies,  the first one is a Lee 40c sizing die the second one is a Lee  universal de-capping die. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2017 at 10:32 PM, Dirtchevy841 said:

That's pretty cool. Makes me want to get a 1050 to convert 650 like this. I mostly shoot 40. 

On 9/7/2017 at 11:22 PM, B585 said:

Awesome set up!!

Thanks !

• 3 months later...
12 minutes ago, Austings said:

Can you elaborate on your setup? I’d like to set my 650 up like this. What motor, where did you get the parts from? 

I picked up a used set up and this is the company that makes it. Did a couple modifications to the support system. 

https://www.reloaders.com/collections/auto-drive-electric-system/products/dillon-xl-650-auto-drive

Edited by tmz