Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USB Microscope Endoscope cam

Someone else in another forum posted this camera:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GX4CGEO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted to try a camera to monitor powder, etc on my Dillon.   This one is powered via USB - has to be connected to a Android or PC or MAC.   For $38 I figured it was worth a shot to see if it would work under linux.  I'm running the latest version of Ubuntu - and was surprised that it actually had a driver for this device.  Quick google search for a open source app and I was in business.  Worked great.  The Dillon power checker is still better - but this does give me another station if I want to use the cam alone.  I have a 1050 and just ty rap the cam mount to the Dillon vertical shaft holding the brass.  Not pretty but good enough for now.  

I run one of those on my lee turret, when I load subsonic 300 blackout.  With such a small amount of powder, in such a deep case, any other form of visual inspection is difficult at best.  I drilled a small hole in the turret, and am able to look down into the case to see the powder quite easily.

TobyJ

press camera 2 (1328 x 747).jpg

• 1 month later...