B_RAD

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

:bow:

I'm just funnin'. 

The Pro's (GM, M, and even A's) didn't get to where they're at without learning to do the right things at the right time. Whenever one of them speaks, I shut-up and listen. 

Good equipment does count, however, and that's why I wear Salomons. They're so damn cool. :D

12 minutes ago, MikieM said:

I'm just funnin'. 

The Pro's (GM, M, and even A's) didn't get to where they're at without learning to do the right things at the right time. Whenever one of them speaks, I shut-up and listen. 

Good equipment does count, however, and that's why I wear Salomons. They're so damn cool. :D

You know, I'll  be buying a pair for next year. So,.... ha ha. 

I like the collection of sayin's you put together @B_RAD - also agree with the concept of the constantly evolving meaning of these concepts as we grow as shooters.

Regarding the point on gear mattering or not...I think that this is a comment, in its current form, best directed at the average individual getting into competition/ the mid level shooter who sees the pros/skilled shooters out rocking the fancy stuff...the number one mistake I have seen (and was guilty of) is to then go out and spend thousands on gear that, maybe takes someone from shooting 60% of their local match winner, to 62% of their local match winner.  What I tell people on my youtube channel videos where I talk about gear and product, is that gear is never a substitute for fundamentals and training, but the correct gear for you can enhance your ability slightly, and make executing some of those fundamentals just a little bit easier.  I've heard it more than once though..."If I just had X gear, I could be just about as fast as that guy"...and it makes me cry a little each time :rolleyes:

Edited by GorillaTactical

1 hour ago, GorillaTactical said:

I like the collection of sayin's you put together @B_RAD - also agree with the concept of the constantly evolving meaning of these concepts as we grow as shooters.

Regarding the point on gear mattering or not...I think that this is a comment, in its current form, best directed at the average individual getting into competition/ the mid level shooter who sees the pros/skilled shooters out rocking the fancy stuff...the number one mistake I have seen (and was guilty of) is to then go out and spend thousands on gear that, maybe takes someone from shooting 60% of their local match winner, to 62% of their local match winner.  What I tell people on my youtube channel videos where I talk about gear and product, is that gear is never a substitute for fundamentals and training, but the correct gear for you can enhance your ability slightly, and make executing some of those fundamentals just a little bit easier.  I've heard it more than once though..."If I just had X gear, I could be just about as fast as that guy"...and it makes me cry a little each time :rolleyes:

Well said!

I just went out at lunch for some live fire practice. I did not shoot well at 15 yds weak hand only. I was pulling shots right.  The solution for that is dry fire, lots of it, and try again.  Concentrating on only moving my weak hand trigger finger, moving it straight back. I'm just as guilty as anyone as trying to solve problems with buying something "better".  

On 8/30/2017 at 7:48 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

@B_RAD and @858...

Equipment matters in that a CZ is meant for tiny human hands. I absoltely hate holding them, and went with a Tanfo specifically to get into something that actually filled my long, but skinny hands.

A G34 is just plain too big for your average female's hands to optimally hold.

The equipment does matter, insofar that you have to be able to comfortably reach and operate everything.

After that, well, a Walther Q5 or a CZ or Tanfo or Glock will result in pretty much the same score if the operator is up to the challenge and well practiced with that platform.

The crazy part is I shoot a 34 and it fits fine,   but I had to sell my brand new shadow 2 after 200 rounds because I coulden't reach the trigger except "just the tip" of my finger when Hammer Down... I don't have large nor small hands.   I could have switched to a sp-01 trigger, the gun felt great but I don't feel I could have shot it any better than my glock.

1 hour ago, jtrump said:

I could have switched to a sp-01 trigger, the gun felt great but I don't feel I could have shot it any better than my glock.

A Production guy, I went G34 > M&P > Tanfo > Walther Q5

(Plastic Plastic SuperNinjaSteelGun back to plastic. With the first two guns being the bulk of my 10 years shooting IDPA then USPSA.)

I can promise you that the gun doesn't matter much. Shoot what fits you and feels good and makes you enjoy practicing... and go practice.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

1 hour ago, benos said:

If your life allows it, dry-fire, dry-draw, and dry mag-changes every day. If your life doesn't allow that, make some life adjustments. :)

So switching to a new gun won't solve my problem with tanking classifiers?  

On September 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM, Bdh821 said:

Since I'm a self proclaimed Grand Master millennial, I figure looks is 50% of this game. If I have a cool looking gun and equipment, I'll at least look good while missing :D

Example of my above statement. 2 Alphas!

style points! :lol:

Edited by Bdh821

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:32 PM, B_RAD said:

9. Practice every day. Or as much as you can. Make time!

I started shooting USPSA at age 64 and now 4 years later I'm near B in Open. Practice is the best advice I ever received from the "pros." Wish my wife would let me shoot more (LOL).

5 hours ago, RileyLV said:

Among competitors of equal skill, the performance properties of the equipment used may well be the distinguishing factor in determining the winner.

Only if one comeptitor is using a hi point. 

Glocks = CZ = Tanfo = Sig. 

‘It’s not the gear’ this is the one that I always get a kick out of as the pros HAVE the best gear. I would like to see them compete in their class with norincos and a plain cheap holster. Yes skill and technique is key and the most important aspect of the sport, but having the right gear will make you improve. 

6 minutes ago, abb1 said:

‘It’s not the gear’ this is the one that I always get a kick out of as the pros HAVE the best gear. I would like to see them compete in their class with norincos and a plain cheap holster. Yes skill and technique is key and the most important aspect of the sport, but having the right gear will make you improve. 

Define the Pro's and the best. I know of a few gents that win major matches with Glocks, an inferior plastic gun.