Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Classification Confusion

WaJim

Leaving Revolver and Bug out of the conversation Is it possible, with the new rule book, for a Competitor to be classified and compete as a MM in ESP and be Classified as a SS in all other divisions?

Edited by WaJim

But, I was also classified MM in ESP before my reclassification.

This year I shot CDP for my Classifier and shot SS.

IDPA automatically bumped all my Classifications to SS...................., my previous MM in ESP was included.

Sooooo......

If a guy was classified SS in all other divisions but had a MM in ESP he'd have to shoot that in the current years ESP Classifier as a MM?

And IDPA would leave the MM....?

Hummmmm........interesting.

idpa did say the third party vendor doing the membership cards screwed up, so if you're asking off what you got from a card in the mail it's probably wrong.

what's your idpa number and we can look at your info on the site?

55 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

idpa did say the third party vendor doing the membership cards screwed up, so if you're asking off what you got from a card in the mail it's probably wrong.

what's your idpa number and we can look at your info on the site?

No, it wasn't me.

Lets just say I'd feel like a huge heel D Bag taking a first place plaque in MM if all my other Classifications were SS.

I wouldn't compete in that division if prizes were awarded.

If it was me, its not,

My IDPA ID: A457315 

wouldn't a phone call or text/message to IDPA bump the Classification up. 

IIRC before the New Book when you classified in either ESP or SSP the classifications would transfer to the other division.

Edited by WaJim

Just to make things clear...It's no skin off my rear.

I'm not disputing any final results...just trying to make sense of this new rule books Classification system that I thought was pretty clear........

I'm still slightly confused.

9 minutes ago, v1911 said:

Hypothetically, if the shooter started off as MM and one by one made SS in each division, at some point could be SS in everything but ESP. No harm in that. 

No there isn't...but ill try another way.

I'm relatively new to the shooting sport. I was classified in only ESP up till this year and I wanted to shoot CDP in the State match. So I classified in CDP and shot SS. When I did that the MM in ESP and ALL the other divisions were bumped to SS. (except BUG and Rev.) Even the ones I had never shot a Classifier in.

New rule in your example would have to be only true if the competitor shot the remainder non SS Div...ESP this year and shot a MM.

I would think most all competitors now are classified one level in all the base 4 except Revolver and BUG.

You shot a classifier and reset all your divisions to SS. Sounds right.

And no, not all competitors share the same classification through all divisions. It can happen when you get a match bump, we'll say to EX ESP, but shoot a SS time in the classifier. That's when you'll see different classification for different divisions for 1 shooter. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2017 at 6:16 PM, rowdyb said:

. . .

I received my 2nd attempt classification card from HQ over the weekend; it's wrong.  One of the classifications is incorrect even though it's been correct on the HQ website since 2006.  My CSO status is not listed on the card even though that's also on the HQ website.

Check your new cards carefully when you receive them.

i renewed to be current for nats. card came about 4 weeks ago. no classifications at all on it. i don't know why we use cards any more anyways. its been like since '13 that someone asked to see my card at a match or write in a bump or classifier on it.

Edited by rowdyb

The Rulebook states the National HQ data base is the official classifications base.  No real purpose for a printed M/S card other than to please those individuals who just like to feel real paper or plastic and don't trust electronic data not to fail.  Still you'd think HQ could either not send the cards in the mail at all or, if they do, get the information correct.  Personally I'd rather see the money spent on sport development.