Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Firing pin bounce?

muncie21

I think I've figured out what's making the unique impressions on my spent primers, firing pin bouncing.  The brass below was shot from the same pistol.  Only change was a new firing pin spring.  Notice the difference in the primer?

FP_Bounce.jpg.391a2de191f253e6319a91feff6f0f1b.jpg

Edited by muncie21

44 minutes ago, Craig N said:

How old was the original firing pin spring?

Not sure as I purchased the pistol used.  I could however feel the difference, when comparing it to some spare FP springs I have for my CZs.

• 2 months later...

This doesn't look like FP bounce to me, but that the FP is still protruding and touching the primer as the pistol is beginning to ejecting brass. Also notice the primers on the top the FP mark is deeper.

Compare the length of the two firing pins, and replace the firing pin spring.

On 10/25/2017 at 12:20 PM, kalaur said:

This doesn't look like FP bounce to me, but that the FP is still protruding and touching the primer as the pistol is beginning to ejecting brass. Also notice the primers on the top the FP mark is deeper.

Compare the length of the two firing pins, and replace the firing pin spring.

same gun and ammo, only difference is the FP spring.

On 10/28/2017 at 12:38 AM, 858 said:

How old is the recoil spring? This looks like the firing pin is still protruding as the barrel is going out of battery.

Definately

Matter of fact, one time while shooting the firing pin retainer plate slid down (because the FP spring wasn't pushing the FP against the plate) and the FP and spring proceeded to eject themselves from the slide.  This resulted in a few click, rack, click, rack WTF, WTF, click, rack ah shiz there's no FP moments.

Edited by muncie21