Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-frame grips

Makicjf

Has anyone used X Frame grips  on a 627?   I'm looking for a big grip which minimizes the distance I have to close my hands to achieve recoil control.  I smashed my hand against my tool box "reminding" a horse that kicking is not an appropriate response to a reasonable request by a human.   I tore the extensor tendon of my right hand middle knuckle and damaged the joint itself.  The tendon healed, but my grip diminishes with fatigue.  I have also noted that my G20 with its big fat double stack handle does not fatigue   my grip. (FWIW 1911's don't either)  I think by filling my hand more completely I do not have to crush grip as far.  The hogues on my 627  are small and I have largish chunky horseshoer hands.  I have to almost make a fist (which HURTS) to maintain recoil control.  After a week of abuse at work, plus practice my grip is toast.  Even after 4 advil Friday night and icing, 4 advil Saturday am and pm icing every three hours, 4 advil Sunday am I only had two good classifier stages , then my grip tanked.  I had a steady decline form the best classifier I've ever shot to low B class to missing a piece of steel and hitting hard cover on a classifier I shot very well  2 weeks ago.  I really don't want to park my revolvers right now.

has anyone used the X Frames?  I just ordered a pair and I'm hoping someone will have some good news for me!

Jason

I have them on my 327 currently, they do have about 3/8" of padding for the web of your hand. They do help, but it doesn't help your support hand. I wish they made the same thing with the big butt heel.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Kurusty said:

I have them on my 327 currently, they do have about 3/8" of padding for the web of your hand. They do help, but it doesn't help your support hand. I wish they made the same thing with the big butt heel.

They do they had a set on their table at Revo Nationals a couple of years ago(x frame with big butt). Call them they will make you pretty much anything you want.

Edited by Bosshoss

They do they had a set on their table at Revo Nationals a couple of years ago(x frame with big butt). Call them they will make you pretty much anything you want.
You're a lifesaver, I will call them tomorrow! I've searched their site, but I have never seen them.

I have large hands and use the X-frame grip on all my S&W revolvers because they fill my grip up and keep me from severely hooking the trigger. I even use them on my 617 10 .22 LR so I have the same feel no matter if I am shooting my 610/625's/627/929.  Hogue used to only make them for S&W so they were harder to get but now Brownell's is carrying them so they are easy to get now.

Neal in AZ