Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Indoor Range Drills

Ck867

I would like to compile a list of possible drills to do in an indoor range with limitations to no movement outside your own stall. I typically do Bill drills and controlled pairs. Any others that you can recommend and directions on how to do the drill? Thanks!

I've been listening to the Stoeger podcast at work and they mentioned this in one I heard today. I don't remember off the top of my head, but an episode in the higher 180s or lower 190s. If I find it tomorrow I'll update but worth going out to find. 

• 3 weeks later...

Indoor drills are hard in MN since most ranges prohibit rapid fire. Without being able to do even a basic bill drill, I have been focusing on running transition drills. I'll put up four targets and shoot one shot, move to the next target, and fire another shot. I start slow and then see how fast I can move from one target to the next at a constant speed.

Once I get moving too fast, I move the target array farther down range and keep going.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I shot at my local indoor range tonight for the first time. Although not ideal for uspsa practice sessions I think I'll try to make it weekly during the winter months and use the time to focus on SH and WH shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The range I use (NRA range) allows draws from holster and has no limit an rounds per second. So I practice '2 reload 2' a lot with a 2/3 target. I do accuracy training with a full size target as well. I am about to add in more dot torture though.

The downside is using a timer to do anything but start/par times. too many comp'd ARs or Mosins that will screw the times up.