Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Roll-out of SC RO Training?

RickT

Anyone have an update of when this might be rolled out?  If I can get some folks who shoot my small monthly match "certified" the facility owner would probably allow them to run practices.

There is still a certain amount of misinformation at Level 1 matches and it would be great to see a bit more uniformity.

This is something Troy McManus is working on but I haven't heard how it's coming along. 

There shouldn't be any misinformation at any level - we have a rulebook (even though it's dated 2013). The new version is scheduled to go live on 1 Jan 2018.

1 hour ago, ZackJones said:

This is something Troy McManus is working on but I haven't heard how it's coming along. 

There shouldn't be any misinformation at any level - we have a rulebook (even though it's dated 2013). The new version is scheduled to go live on 1 Jan 2018.

Most common miscommunication: "Once you holster a loaded gun you can't touch same until the buzzer".  So, you can't sight in a loaded gun (chambered or not)

Also seen: "Centerfire pistol magazines must be carried on the belt."  Maybe I've missed something, but I've never seen this called

I'm not sure if the new low ready marker positions are mandatory, but haven't yet seen the new locations (Outer Limits, Showdown) at a local match.

On 8/22/2017 at 9:13 PM, RickT said:

Most common miscommunication: "Once you holster a loaded gun you can't touch same until the buzzer".  So, you can't sight in a loaded gun (chambered or not)

Also seen: "Centerfire pistol magazines must be carried on the belt."  Maybe I've missed something, but I've never seen this called

I'm not sure if the new low ready marker positions are mandatory, but haven't yet seen the new locations (Outer Limits, Showdown) at a local match.

There's nothing that prohibits a loaded sight picture but if the gun goes bang during the process you go home and mags can come from anywhere they don't have to be on the belt.

The low ready marker was clarified back in February but for some reason it's only listed on the USPSA web site :( 

https://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-NROI-ruling-details.php?indx=85

• 8 months later...

Old thread.

I noticed in the new hot off the press Front Sight there is a blurb stating the SC module is being prepared. I sent an email to HQ about a month ago to ask and was told there are no (SC) classes in my area scheduled.

Reading the blurb in Front Sight it's a little confusing. It appears that current NROI certified ROs can just take the SC module. Then it refers to an online module. Am I correct in assuming that current NROI ROs will be able to get the SC endorsement by taking an online class and test? If so does anyone have any idea when this will be available?

Reading the blurb in Front Sight it's a little confusing. It appears that current NROI certified ROs can just take the SC module. Then it refers to an online module. Am I correct in assuming that current NROI ROs will be able to get the SC endorsement by taking an online class and test? If so does anyone have any idea when this will be available?

SCSA module is being taught. I know it will be taught at the class at the CMP Range next month. For the rest of us I understand there is a nominal fee, online training (75 or so slides) and then test to earn endorsement.