Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Trigger question

mont1120

I ordered a Zev replacement trigger system, and before I put it in my new Glock 34, I had a question. The rules for CO and Production are clear about the replacement of the external trigger, if it is not factory the gun goes to Limited. However, as I read the rules, you can replace the internal trigger parts with no issues. Is there a way to take the stock Glock trigger out of the original firing system and replace the Zev trigger on the Zev trigger control system, but leave the Zev internal parts alone, and install that set up in the pistol?

Seems to me that would meet the rules.

• 2 weeks later...

You could do it, it is not easy.

Is it legit?  Yes, but I bet if you volunteered what you did, you might get some crap.

As an aside and having used most of the aftermarket Glock triggers...I would suggest you send that Zev unit back

and get a TTI (NO I am not sponsored by TTI) trigger spring kit. (connector, trigger spring and striker plunger) and....

shoot the holy crap out of the gun!

If you ordered the Zev production kit it's nothing special.  They scallop the protrusion that lifts the safety plunger, and they weld up something internally in the trigger.  I had one a few years ago and it was no improvement over stock.  If they do something different now then maybe it's worth it.  On you tube search for Johnny Glock, he has a video on how to take off a trigger without hurting it.  I did it and it's not hard.  The TTI kit is a great buy, I had one but the break is really long.  It is a long rolling break, if you learn to shoot off the reset then it's pretty nice.  There's no wall just a long smooth pull.  

Removing the stock Glock trigger requires drilling a small hole on the out right side of the trigger so that you can push out the pin that holds the trigger on. When reassembling you can fill that hole with black epoxy, but it's still visible if you know exactly what to look for. 

That extremely subtle modification has been referenced as the reason that the Vanek trigger was explicitly called our as being prohibited. Given that, I don't see how you could remove the stock trigger from the bar and keep the resulting configuration Production legal. 

I think the ruling against Vanek is pretty unfair since many "Production legal" Glock race triggers have externally visible modifications to the engagement surface of the trigger safety. 

13 hours ago, alma said:

Removing the stock Glock trigger requires drilling a small hole on the out right side of the trigger so that you can push out the pin that holds the trigger on. When reassembling you can fill that hole with black epoxy, but it's still visible if you know exactly what to look for. 

That extremely subtle modification has been referenced as the reason that the Vanek trigger was explicitly called our as being prohibited. Given that, I don't see how you could remove the stock trigger from the bar and keep the resulting configuration Production legal. 

I think the ruling against Vanek is pretty unfair since many "Production legal" Glock race triggers have externally visible modifications to the engagement surface of the trigger safety. 

Especially since Vanek does make Production legal kits and naming all Vanek kits as illegal in the rulebook kinda sucks. Or maybe it's good marketing for them.

When I first read they weren't legal in Prod I had to go get one for my Limited gun, because I assumed it was awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2017 at 9:42 PM, mont1120 said:

I have already tried the new Zev system for 3 gun and it really is superior to the stock trigger. It is not a 2011 but decidedly better then what I started with.

....and if  you  know your  business  as  how  to make  it  even better  without  getting a  rolling break trigger, they're definitely  the  way to  go.....