Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mount Rushmore of USPSA/IPSC Shooters?

Wesquire

i will have respectfully disagree.  His accomplishments as a trainer in person and with his books get him there in my book. 

He is a local shooter so maybe I'm a little biased 

Edited by Mushki25

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Ben Stoeger? He does not come close to the rarified air those guys breathe.

I'd put him above Enos. Ben has better competition and has probably done more to provide good information than anyone else.

2 minutes ago, Wesquire said:

I'd put him above Enos. Ben has better competition and has probably done more to provide good information than anyone else.

I kind of agree with this.  I'd put Ben on the list.  

37 minutes ago, Wesquire said:

Well, he still doesn't make my Mount Rushmore, but he's above enos. No disrespect to him.

This isn't Talladega nights. 

Edited by Sarge

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I'll give you guys this much, you have a lot of guts. I mean, these are Brian's forums after all. And I doubt he ever crushed beer cans with a Nationals trophy.

I don't know what you are referring to about the beer cans, but I don't think Enos ever won a national or world IPSC or USPSA title....so I don't see how he could be on it.

If someone were to write the full history of this sport it would obviously include the names of those that have most excelled within it; But any complete history would be incomplete without a mention for those that have made this sport what it has become.

Jeff Cooper is widely credited with introducing it to the world, Rob Leatham, Jerry Barnhart, Brian Enos and many others took the sport to new levels; The photographs of Nyle Leatham helped to spread the word of those achievements and to promote the sport worldwide. Julie Golob and the Women of USPSA have widened the appeal of gun ownership across the country.

If a monument to practical shooting were created then there would be a lot more than four faces on there.

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

If someone were to write the full history of this sport it would obviously include the names of those that have most excelled within it; But any complete history would be incomplete without a mention for those that have made this sport what it has become.

Jeff Cooper is widely credited with introducing it to the world, Rob Leatham, Jerry Barnhart, Brian Enos and many others took the sport to new levels; The photographs of Nyle Leatham helped to spread the word of those achievements and to promote the sport worldwide. Julie Golob and the Women of USPSA have widened the appeal of gun ownership across the country.

If a monument to practical shooting were created then there would be a lot more than four faces on there.

I appreciate that, but the point of picking a "Mount Rushmore" is to separate the greats from the top 4. The concept behind it is intended to force you to leave out some legends. The actual Mount Rushmore leaves out the father of the Constitution.

3 hours ago, Wesquire said:

I don't know what you are referring to about the beer cans, but I don't think Enos ever won a national or world IPSC or USPSA title....so I don't see how he could be on it.

I'd include Brian because, back then, he was figuring out things with Rob - and wrote it into a book that so many have learned from.

9 hours ago, Wesquire said: