Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from tupelo

ghosty

Hello from tupelo! I've been shooting 3 gun for a few months. I shot in practical till my glock got stolen. Then I picked up a sig mpx to shoot uspsa with. Haven't shot a uspsa match with it yet but I did win an outlaw steel challenge match a few weeks ago

51 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

Where do you shoot up that way.... Magnolia is doing extensive berm work for the next few weeks so all our matches in Jackson are canceled until further notice???

I go to Magnolia. There's also a local place that does steel challenge every now and then. Sometimes I go to meridian. That's the only places I know of in ms that I go to. I wanna try to go to a match on the coast in Biloxi but that's a real long way and it's hard for me to get a hotel room at 19

7 hours ago, ghosty said:

Just looked at the crssa website. Do I have to be a member of the range or a uspsa member to shoot? And are they usually open to pcc?

Non members are always welcome. We get several from Tennessee and Alabama here as well from time to time.  We shoot all divisions. USPSA matches are the 2nd Sunday and 3rd Saturday of each month.  Sunday starts at 1:00pm and Saturday at 9:00am. Match fee is only $10

Ghosty. If you shoot at Magnolia look at Hattiesburg. Brothers in arms range. They usually run very good matches with nice stages. Range is just south of Hattiesburg about a mile off of Hwy 49. I also frequent Magnolia. Last weekend at their steel challenge I spoke with them and they were hoping just a few weeks for the berm work. 

I'll second BNA matches in Hattiesburg.  They're good matches and I wish I lived closer.  

MPSA (www.mpsa.us) in Vinegar Bend, AL is also about the same distance from you as Hattiesburg.

I've never made it up to Magnolia, but I know a lot of folks that shoot there.

And come to think of it, there are matches in NE Alabama, the Birmingham area and around Memphis that will be closer to you than Hattiesburg.

I am headed to shot Hattiesburg for the first time this Sat. and have heard great things about their setup.  At magnolia the tree clearing is moving along but haven't seen any real dirt work start yet... hoping things are wrapped up for early September so we only miss one of each match!

19 minutes ago, Hawk21 said:

I am headed to shot Hattiesburg for the first time this Sat. and have heard great things about their setup.  At magnolia the tree clearing is moving along but haven't seen any real dirt work start yet... hoping things are wrapped up for early September so we only miss one of each match!

I'm assuming you know already, but this weekend is a classifier match in Hattiesburg.

Also, I'm not sure if they're going to switch back to the 4th Saturday once all the MS State matches in Biloxi are over.  Right now, both MPSA and BNA are holding matches on the 3rd Saturday.

Edited by TennJeep1618
grammar